Rotating ballnut/ballscrew mounting question

Thread: Rotating ballnut/ballscrew mounting question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rotating ballnut/ballscrew mounting question

Hello all.

Im building a new machine thats gonna use rotating ballnuts and fixed screw.
    I have got the ballnut sorted but im not sure how to fix the screw to my machine. Have been looking at comercial machines to see their solution and here is one from shopsabre.

https://www.shopsabre.com/wp-content...opsabre1.6.png

Looks like a good adjustable solution although i cant make out how the black plate is attached to the screw, anyone know how? Or have seen a solution you can share?

Skickat från min M2101K7BNY via Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Rotating ballnut/ballscrew mounting question

Hi - as technically there is no torque on the screw I imagine they are a split clamp arrangement. The screw ends would be turned, the clamp is clamped to the screw (maybe a cross dowel is used as well say a rolled pin). The clamp forms a flange which is bolted to the machine. I see the machine mount has slots for adjustment. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Decieved View Post
    Hello all.

Im building a new machine thats gonna use rotating ballnuts and fixed screw.
    I have got the ballnut sorted but im not sure how to fix the screw to my machine. Have been looking at comercial machines to see their solution and here is one from shopsabre.

https://www.shopsabre.com/wp-content...opsabre1.6.png

Looks like a good adjustable solution although i cant make out how the black plate is attached to the screw, anyone know how? Or have seen a solution you can share?

The one you have a link to is a very wimpy mount, the Screw needs good support, and be able to handle the same thrust as a normal Ballscrew would, using a split Clamp would be normal for the Screw clamping. the screw can also be drilled and taped each ends as well as the split clamp mount

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I was unsure about the holding power of a clamp and the tapped end to come undone, probably that way its attached above.

I will give the clamp a try. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Decieved View Post
    I was unsure about the holding power of a clamp and the tapped end to come undone, probably that way its attached above.

I will give the clamp a try. Thanks

You did not say what your Screw size is, make it at least 25mm thick and a perfect fit and it will clamp all you will need ( 1 ) at each end

Mactec54