Build Thread Hey no problem with 2525 in the place of 2510 ballscrews aye?

Thread: Hey no problem with 2525 in the place of 2510 ballscrews aye?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hey no problem with 2525 in the place of 2510 ballscrews aye?

Mine currently are 2510 x 2 on a Y axis, total length 2600mm, double ballnut, giving a useable travel of approx 2160mm. My gantry is about 140kg running on 30mm linear rails. They are powered by Nema 34 closed loop steppers directly coupled. It all works well. I was thinking about some more speed and am going to buy some 2525 ballscrews.

It just feels a bit weird or too large a pitch to get a good accurate machine? I machine alloy and need accurate results.

Does anyone want to tell me not to do it? Or assure me 25mm pitch is ok? Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hey no problem with 2525 in the place of 2510 ballscrews aye?

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Mine currently are 2510 x 2 on a Y axis, total length 2600mm, double ballnut, giving a useable travel of approx 2160mm. My gantry is about 140kg running on 30mm linear rails. They are powered by Nema 34 closed loop steppers directly coupled. It all works well. I was thinking about some more speed and am going to buy some 2525 ballscrews.

It just feels a bit weird or too large a pitch to get a good accurate machine? I machine alloy and need accurate results.

Does anyone want to tell me not to do it? Or assure me 25mm pitch is ok? Thanks in advance.
    Do you see machining centers using 25mm pitch Ballscrews, the higher the screw pitch the lower the resolution will be.

25mm pitch Ballscrews work fine, just make sure you have enough motor to drive them, and the lower resolution won't bother the work you are doing.

Quite often when using 25mm pitch Ballscrews they end up using a 2:1 reduction

Mactec54