Spindle Pulleys

Thread: Spindle Pulleys

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Pulleys

Not sure a great spot to throw this up in but this looked as promising as any other forum.....I am adding a Spindle servo and new spindle....22MM on the servo and 30MM on the spindle and having an interesting time sourcing some appropriate pulleys. I need something like a 3:1 and just haven't seen any decent pulleys....aluminum would be fine and timing or 5 rib style or even a double V but it's been pretty disappointing so far....any thoughts and sources would be greatly appreciated!
    I added a few pics....we have a few big spindles and thought it would be funny to contrast them...the other of the Delta servo is pretty much what I am searching for only in the sizes I need.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spindle Pulleys-img_2242-jpg   Spindle Pulleys-img_2330-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Pulleys

Quote Originally Posted by jmm2020 View Post
    Not sure a great spot to throw this up in but this looked as promising as any other forum.....I am adding a Spindle servo and new spindle....22MM on the servo and 30MM on the spindle and having an interesting time sourcing some appropriate pulleys. I need something like a 3:1 and just haven't seen any decent pulleys....aluminum would be fine and timing or 5 rib style or even a double V but it's been pretty disappointing so far....any thoughts and sources would be greatly appreciated!
    I added a few pics....we have a few big spindles and thought it would be funny to contrast them...the other of the Delta servo is pretty much what I am searching for only in the sizes I need.
    Depending on the Hp/ Watts of the Servo motor if it is around 3Hp then you would need a 10 Rib Poly-V- Belt using a 3:1 ratio, normally it is best to make your own if using a Poly-V-Belt

For Timing Pulleys GT-3 Series is the best for noise

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I was hoping for something a bit simpler but I guess it's a bushing, like say a 1610 and steel pulleys....was hoping for perhaps an aluminum pair but as you say I will probably have to make one as I just haven't seen anything off the shelf so far with all my googling about...surprising to me there isn't a wider variety out there but I have come up pretty empty.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jmm2020 View Post
    I was hoping for something a bit simpler but I guess it's a bushing, like say a 1610 and steel pulleys....was hoping for perhaps an aluminum pair but as you say I will probably have to make one as I just haven't seen anything off the shelf so far with all my googling about...surprising to me there isn't a wider variety out there but I have come up pretty empty.
    The Poly-V-Belt Pulleys are quite easy to make I have a form tool so makes it easy, bigger the diameter you can use the better, you then have more belt contact = more grip, a place to look is a junk yard there are lots of Poly-V- Belt Pulleys to be found finding what profile Belt they use may be the hardest part

Just draw it up and see what pulley sizes you can use and go to a junk yard and you might find what you want 7 rib is about the minimum you can use

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ametric is one place to buy pullies and belts of all types. https://www.ametric.com/

McMaster would be another option https://www.mcmaster.com/pulleys/

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA