Sliding doors rack and pinion

Thread: Sliding doors rack and pinion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sliding doors rack and pinion

Hi, have any body tried to use the rack and pinion of the sliding doors in building cnc machine, how accurate they are and does they work for cnc machine linear motion.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32834539370.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail
    The shows the sliding doors system

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sliding doors rack and pinion

The link in the post shows the automatic sliding doors system. Another question I forget to ask is can I use the sliding door wheels and rail for may cnc linear rials.

Downloads
    Uploads

as for door for CNC machine it is up to you. Just select power capacity enough for your work area door. Movement of the gate is much easier than movement of CNC machine door.
    It is too complex in my opinion, since you need to build protection covers against chips clogging into the gear.

Downloads
    Uploads

I asked if I can use the rack and pinion of the sliding door system to drive the cnc, I will use stepper motor to rotate the pinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked if I can use the rack and pinion of the sliding door system to drive the cnc, I will use stepper motor to rotate the pinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt the racks and pinions designed for door use will have the precision required for most CNC machines, any more than the ball screws intended for opening skylights. But they'd doubtless be cheaper. If you used the door slides instead of linear rails, the whole project would have a certain consistency; it would be an interesting build log even if it didn't work very well.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure you could use those to build a CNC. But the accuracy that it would have is a mystery, and will remain a mystery until after you've built it. If this is a plasma cutter or a wood routing machine and you need the parts accurate only within a few mm then it would probably be fine. But if this is for a CNC mill and you need accuracy within .001mm then you should not be thinking of anything like this.

Downloads
    Uploads

The cnc machine I'm building is for wood routing, the rack price is cheap almost 15 Dollars for meter, this why I'm thinking of using it.
    The door rails are also very cheap almost 10 dollars for 3 meters for the rail and 5 dollars for the wheels.

Downloads
    Uploads

Luckily, you are in the right place. Our company ( https://papernow.org/ ) offers professional argumentative essay help to students all over the world. Whether you are having a hard time with grammar, formatting, structure, or research, we can help. We’ve taken the time to hire the best writers to ensure all our clients get the best services.