Need Help! Type of linear actuator to move load laterally.

Thread: Type of linear actuator to move load laterally.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Type of linear actuator to move load laterally.

I need to move a load of 40kgs laterally on a slide with hiwin linear guides. Travel distance is only 25mm and speed required is 25mm per second. I am not able to decide which type of actuator to use. A nema 23 with a 12mm ball screw with 4mm lead or a chinese electric linear actuator or is there any other optimum method to do this?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Type of linear actuator to move load laterally.

There are lots of linear actuators to choose from that already bundle the motor, lead screw, and limit switches etc. What you didn't say is how precise the move needs to be, though. If not particularly accurate, I'd just buy an off the shelf unit.
    You also didn't mention duty cycle which you'll need to pay attention to if you're doing this move constantly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Type of linear actuator to move load laterally.

What's the purpose of this move? Is it just to get something in position for another operation? If so, you might not need a linear actuator at all; just a simple pneumatic or hydraulic piston might work just as well, at a much lower cost.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]