Build Thread Need advice on my 24" Y axis build

Thread: Need advice on my 24" Y axis build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need advice on my 24" Y axis build

Greetings!

Everyone has always been very helpful here.

Its been awhile. I need to build this 24x24" y axis. Think large size 3D printer for printing clay. See photo. My base is 3/4" Melamine, I have 2 20mm linear slides with 4 Bearing blocks, I will run a Small Nema 23 with 22 tooth Pulleys. I have on order HTD3M 15mm wide belt.

My rails don't have mounting holes.

The Bearing slides have 4 6mm mounting holes. I need to have springs, so I can Tram the bed.

So, I was going to run a homemade bearing idler on one side and the Nema 23 with 22 tooth pulley on the other.

I would appreciate any thought?

I have some separate parts I'm working on I will discuss in other posts.

Thanks!!!

Max

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need advice on my 24" Y axis build-y-axis-ideas-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need advice on my 24" Y axis build

Quote Originally Posted by disneytoy2 View Post
    Greetings!

Everyone has always been very helpful here.

Its been awhile. I need to build this 24x24" y axis. Think large size 3D printer for printing clay. See photo. My base is 3/4" Melamine, I have 2 20mm linear slides with 4 Bearing blocks, I will run a Small Nema 23 with 22 tooth Pulleys. I have on order HTD3M 15mm wide belt.

[You're just building the Y axis? What about X and Z? Is your plan to avoid using screws or R&P by using long belts to move the stage? ]

My rails don't have mounting holes.

[How are you planning to fasten them down?]

The Bearing slides have 4 6mm mounting holes. I need to have springs, so I can Tram the bed.

[Where would the springs go, and how would they help with tramming?]

So, I was going to run a homemade bearing idler on one side and the Nema 23 with 22 tooth pulley on the other.

[That's for tensioning the belt? Have you figured out a mechanism to move it back and forth?]

I would appreciate any thought?

I have some separate parts I'm working on I will discuss in other posts.

Thanks!!!

Max
    [It would be easier to help with this if everything was in the same thread. Are you building your own clay extruder, or buying one prefabricated?]

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need advice on my 24" Y axis build

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    [It would be easier to help with this if everything was in the same thread. Are you building your own clay extruder, or buying one prefabricated?]
    This is an ongoing project. There are several old threads on my build. This is Custom. the other parts are 2-meter Z and X axis. This is an add on to make it Cartesian for testing.

Just wanted some thoughts on a Y axis approach. I have a couple days until my belt is in, so I'm trying to tie everything together.

The actual clay extruder is already built Nema 23 with a 20:1 Worm reducer.

Thanks

Max