Where to get replacement seals for THK guiderail blocks?

Thread: Where to get replacement seals for THK guiderail blocks?

Default Where to get replacement seals for THK guiderail blocks?

Hello, Anyone know of a source for THK end seals? THK won't sell them separately anymore.

I have 4 new old stock THK HRW35 rails that I'm using on a machine. The seals are disintegrated and I'd like to replace them. I've talked to MSC, and several people at THK directly, and their line is that "it would void the warranty" (there is no warranty on these NOS units). I can send them in and they'll replace them, but that sounds necessary.

This is not for a super precision application, I just want them to last as long as possible, and installing the seals doesn't look like rocket surgery. Now I'm reaching out to the folks who make THK knockoffs to try to order their corresponding seal sets, we'll see what happens.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Where to get replacement seals for THK guiderail blocks?

If all else fails, maybe you can replace the whole bearing blocks with used (but still working) blocks off ebay.

Before that, you could try buying the parts from another manufacturer which sells compatible blocks. IKO and NSK both make a number of bearing blocks that are compatible with certain THK models. For example, the THK SR blocks fit IKO LWE rails. You just need to look up which manufacturers make rails that are compatible with the THK HRW35 blocks and then see if they will sell you the seals.

Have you tried McMaster Carr?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might try Motion Industries it looks like they might be a distributor for the THK brand.

https://www.motionindustries.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    Hello, Anyone know of a source for THK end seals? THK won't sell them separately anymore.

I have 4 new old stock THK HRW35 rails that I'm using on a machine. The seals are disintegrated and I'd like to replace them. I've talked to MSC, and several people at THK directly, and their line is that "it would void the warranty" (there is no warranty on these NOS units). I can send them in and they'll replace them, but that sounds necessary.

This is not for a super precision application, I just want them to last as long as possible, and installing the seals doesn't look like rocket surgery. Now I'm reaching out to the folks who make THK knockoffs to try to order their corresponding seal sets, we'll see what happens.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Your chances that knockoffs would fit would be slim to none, the only place you will find them is THK no one else will have there seals, if you talk to the right people at THK you will get your seals

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

if you talk to the right people at THK you will get your seals

Who would that be, and how do you contact them?

Downloads
    Uploads

the last time i contacted them they sent me a link to the end seals i needed, a year ago.
    this was the link they sent me, told me to buy them off the website. i have yet to find this link on their website, but it still works.

https://www.thkstore.com/sr20x-end-seal-h-nbr.html

send them a parts request again, maybe someone else will get it.
    https://www.thkstore.com/cpr