Need Help! Wondering about cheap chinese linear rails

Thread: Wondering about cheap chinese linear rails

Default Wondering about cheap chinese linear rails

Hello everyone.

Would like some advice from the experienced members. Thank you in advance.

It's been already some weeks since I put my first CNC router in working condition.
    The problem I'm experiencing right now is that my SBR20 linear bearings are digging into the guides, which doesn't seem to be hardened at all (Probably intended for plastic plain bearings as a file cuts right into them).
    Now looking for an alternative. Right now my best source seems to be importing the pieces from china (I'm located in Brazil).
    Will be using 2x 1000mm, 2x 600mm, 2x 400mm tracks, currently on a plywood structure with intention of upgrading to alumiinium at a later time.

I do know some HIWING HGR15 rails and blocks would be very nice but with shipping and customs they would cost almost as much as I spent for the whole machine. I can actually buy them, but I feel It'd be spending a bit too much in this right now.
    What about cheap chinese "HGR" rails? A set of chinese "HGR20" can be bought for half the price of the HIWIN ones and for around the same of a SBR20 kit from BST Automation. Searching about them shows opinions ranging from saying they just need proper cleaning and lubrication to being of no use.

So... Which are the main problems with cheap chinese linear rails and blocks?

And in which cases would they be a valid option?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dactyl; 02-23-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Default Re: Wondering about cheap chinese linear rails

I've got the SBR16 rails and trucks on my machine and I've not had any problem. I'm curious to see what people think of the HGR rails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wondering about cheap chinese linear rails

The wide range of replies you mention is because they're likely identical to the hiwin part-but there is little to no quality control-so one guy might need to clean and grease his, and the next guy might get useless junk. The third guy might actually get something higher quality than Hiwin brand, just from blind luck...when there is no brand name to protect, there is no reason to pay for quality control testing...

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a well documented router project in Germany
    http://www.brushless-regler.de/wordpress/
    The "Frieda" have been built in considerable numbers, with Chinese rails and ball screws.
    At the moment he recommend the XBD (Xiaongbao) brand, sold by
    https://m.aliexpress.com/store/2780240?trace=store2mobilestoreNew#/

Lars