Need Help! Timing Pullys

Thread: Timing Pullys

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Timing Pullys

I am upgrading my Chevalier knee mill with a Centroid controller and DMM a/c servo motors. I would to put new timing pullys on the motors. My current pullys are 16T-5mm-15 with a 5/8 center bore. I need 16T-5mm-15 with a 14mm center bore. All the ones I can find do not have a large enough hub in order to bore the center to 14mm and be able to put in the set screws. Can someone help. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Timing Pullys

Would this work? Ametric - AT5 16

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Would this work? Ametric - AT5 16
    Thanks for your reply. The pulley needs to be 16T-5mm-15 HTD, I forgot to add the HTD. The hob needs to be bigger than the gear inorder to have sufficent material for the setscrews. The pullys off the orginal motors have a steel sleeve (1/2 X 1 1/4 OD) pressed onto the aluminum gear which has the threaded holes for the setscrews.

Downloads
    Uploads

What you are looking for is a type 1F hub, and I'm not finding that hub on a 16T-5-15 sprocket. The hub diameter on that sprocket is 16.5mm, type 6F. Why not just make a bushing 0.625 OD x 14mm ID? That's what I would do unless you need to replace the sprocket. Your local Ace Hardware store may have a 5/8 x 1/2 bushing that you could ream or bore to 14mm. This one would work also https://www.mcmaster.com/#6381k111/=1banhaq

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for your reply. Making a bushing is what I will need to do. I thought with all the folks making CNC machinesa nd retro fitting old machines that more hardware like this wiould be avalable. Thank goodness for mills and lathes. Have a great day.