New Machine Build Connecting 2 stepper Driver on one controller axis.

Thread: Connecting 2 stepper Driver on one controller axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connecting 2 stepper Driver on one controller axis.

Hello

i am building a CNC plasma.
    as it is large enough.. i have Rack and pinions on each side of my Y axis

I purchased a Chinese embedded controller 2 axis FAngling F2100B
    I have two stepper motors nema34 (450B) on Y axis with Leadshine ND2278 driver.

My problem is: how i can wire two stepper driver since i have only 2 axis on my controller. ( if it was a Mach 3 i can use one stepper driver as slave , but on this Chinese controler there is only one output for Y axis.)
    I was thinking about connecting the two stepper motors on the controller but i am afraid the total output power of the driver (7.2 amps) will no be enough to push two 450B motors...

i know it is possible as there are many chinese tables using 3 drivers for 2 axis controllers, i got this picture from a chinese selling same config machine, i can see that he just has the input ports on the two drivers on Y axis wired in parallel ( DIR+,-, PUL +, -)

what do you think guys? if this is a valid wiring in order to have the two motors to move the same way? i have just to invert the cable connections on the motors to get two different rotations if it is a correct wiring