14k if my math is right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MX3660 with SainSmart Relay

Okay, 2w it is.

Downloads
    Uploads

I soldered up a 15k resistor with a bunch of 2.8k and 3.5k resistors (not sure wattage). I connected it across 1 & 2 on the SSR. Same result.

I measure dthe voltage from the "off" side of the SSR load side, I get 72v when off. I see 120v when on. This is consistent on two different Fotek SSR's

I have V+ across 1&2 on the Fotek unit, I think I am going to chanage that to V-. I am also going to test SSR state on/off manually, sans the MX3660. Perhaps this will show the switching of the MX3660 to be the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, no luck with those tests. Same results. It also seems my fan blew after leaving it run on 70v for a half hour, it won't run on any outlet.

It seems these SSRs are leaking like 70v when off. That seems way high to me. Nothing is making sense at this point. Maybe I should check to see that I am getting 5v successfully across the inputs. The LED on the SSR correctly turns on and off though, so that should be good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Case closed, boys. I ordered the 24v-380v AC solenoids, I received the 5v-200v DC solenoid. I didn’t read the label, and so I spent two our three hours messing around with the wrong parts. Seems like I’ll have to order the right stuff and hope I get it this time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MX3660 with SainSmart Relay-4e794291-c09c-4e17-a7ab-bc449ea27feb-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

So I got "free" relays to replace the incorrect ones as I got to keep the incorrect ones (I do have some DC plans so it will work out nicely). I connected it all up tonight and with little surprise it all works as it should.

This thread serves as proof, do not buy a Sainsmart relay board. Do buy Fotek units, just make sure to read the label before expecting results.

Thanks again to every single member that posted. I'm not the smartest man in the world, it's awesome to have a group of people who are willing to help others out. That said, learn from my experiences, don't buy too good to be true relay boards, and make sure to check the parts shipped meticulously.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123