DMA860H vs DM860T?

Thread: DMA860H vs DM860T?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DMA860H vs DM860T?

I tried using a DM860T to replace a blown DMA860H, but I could not get it to drive the motors at all. My system consists of stepper motors powered by 70VAC. If I plug the inputs and motor wires to a still working DMA860H, the motors will work no problem. But the exact same configuration on a DM860T results in no movement, all settings and switches identical. Also, all the drives briefly flash their Fault LED red when powered on, but the DM860Ts stay lit for significantly longer than the DMA860H. Could this be an indication of some kind of fault?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DMA860H vs DM860T?

Do any of the LED's stay lit? My guess is that you are trying to run a 60 volt drive on 70 volts. If so the drive will fault and signal a blink code on one of the LED's. The manual troubleshooting section explains the blink code.

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DMA860H vs DM860T?

Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
    Do any of the LED's stay lit? My guess is that you are trying to run a 60 volt drive on 70 volts. If so the drive will fault and signal a blink code on one of the LED's. The manual troubleshooting section explains the blink code.
    Only the green power LED stays lit. There is no blink code. All the drives do it, the fault light comes on briefly when powered up, then disappears. The 860T just stays on longer. Also, on another machine using 24v steppers, the same 860T is still able to drive the motors no problem. The documentation says this drive can take power up to 80 volts AC, not 60. I'm only using 70, I'm pretty sure the manual even says 70VAC would be typical usage.