Need Help Please!! Leadshine MX4660

Thread: Need Help Please!! Leadshine MX4660

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help Please!! Leadshine MX4660

Good afternoon,

I recently bought an MX4660, with plans to use this for a BF20VL (G0704) CNC conversion. I built a panel for the build and when I did my initial testing, everything was working fine, all three motors (nema 23 x 2 and nema 34 x 1) worked perfectly. After completing the panel, I started on the mill itself.

When I went to use the panel again around a week later, the motors let out a high pitched squealing/seizing noise the moment the driver is powered on, and won't accept any signal through mach3. This is regardless of whether it's connected to the smoothstepper or not, and is a problem on all of the axis.

Trouble shooting I have tried;

• Re-ran the wiring to the motor
    • Re-ran the wiring to the power connector
    • Isolated the driver from the panel with longer wiring to make sure it wasn't some sort of interference
    • Tried 3 different motors, across the different axis, same problem regardless of axis, or motor.

It's got me absolutely baffled, it was working perfectly before. 1 week after I complete the panel, I go to hook it up and now it doesn't work at all.

Any ideas? Is it likely that the unit has just failed for some unknown reason?

Any help would be extremely appreciated, i'm pulling my hair out with this one.

Regards,

Dan

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need Help Please!! Leadshine MX4660-panel-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help Please!! Leadshine MX4660

When you tested it did you hit a wired Estop on the MX4660 or did you use software to stop the machine. I looked at your setup and I don't see any large caps on your power lines between the switching power supply and the MX4660 unit nor a power shunt. I am working this type of problem myself though my driver is not fried yet and i have a different power supply. I am just now getting to putting all the stuff in a enclosure. There is quite abit of information posted in various places that talk about the Estop on the MX4660 and a switching power supply. from what I understand the switching power supply caps are not big enough to handle the voltages generated from the stepper motors stopping and once saturated, discharge back into the driver and nuke it and sometimes the power supply as well. I went with a toroidal supply they are much more expensive at three times the cost but they should be able to handle the back voltages better, I hope. I emailed leadshine to answer some questions on this matter but haven't heard back yet. Elsewise I may be buying a 50V power shunt to put on the incoming voltages to the driver due to this type problem. The shunt is another 110$ after the power supply at 169$ but if it saves my hardware all the better. I will be searching through these forums looking for a solution but it sounds to me like your driver is in a fault mode. I would disconnect all the motors and test each driver solo then add back one motor at a time until you find the effected units. Another simple one check and make sure your e stop is reset to closed the MX4660 will not turn on unless the Estop jumper is closed. Hope it helps though I am no expert.