Need Help! DM422 and ProTuner software issue.

Thread: DM422 and ProTuner software issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM422 and ProTuner software issue.

Hello,
    I'm trying to connect DM422 stepper driver to PC, with pro tuner downloaded Leadshine website. While I trying to open COM port for
    DM422 - I getting a message that says "Com not found". I have 2 COM ports, 1-hardware of PC,4-USB-RS232 adapter, both tested, with
    another hardware and software, and working well.
    I tried to run protuner app, or DM422.exe directly, with admin rights, different compatibility settings, 3 different PC, win7/64, win7/32, win10 The result is same.
    I tried to select DM422C on start-up, and that module see COM without any problems.
    What can be a problem with DM422 ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM422 and ProTuner software issue.

After some email with the Leadshine guy, the source of problem was found - my USB to RS232 cable. Suggested solutions - FTDI chip based USB to RS232 adapter, or, alternatively motherboard COM port.
    I still not have that FTDI based adapter, so I tried to use direct connection to motherboard COM port, and it worked just fine.
    DM422 looks to be very good stepper driver, compact, easy tuneable by dedicated software, very attractive priced, with solid technical support from manufacturer .

My special thanks to Sales manager Chris Li, helped me to resolve my issue.