Help Converting Image to g-code

Thread: Help Converting Image to g-code

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help Converting Image to g-code

I am using Lazycam to import an image, then want to generate g-code for mach3 mill. When I try to convert the image using spiral or xy/yx, the resulting import is empty, meaning there is only data to move the x/y, and no data to move z. If I look at the properties of the resulting file, the depth is set to zero......

If I select the drill pattern, it works, any ideas?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Go to edit in notepad and use find and replace z0. To desired depth

LazyCam is dead! Sorry, its not supported any longer. I was able to do a few things with it, and its relatively easy to generate crop circles with, but its just isn't really a CAM program. Even the free brain damaged 2D version of CamBam is better. I personally wish I had never wasted all that time way back when trying to get work out of it. I personally use the registered current release of CamBam for everything, and I think I would be 2 years ahead of where I am now if I had started with it instead of playing with all the free or cheaper CAM programs out there first. ... and CB really isn't all that expensive. Also, you can use the full version for as long as you need to... sort of. Lots of software out there has a a time limit. CB has 40 executions limit. That means if you play with it today, and don't play with it again until next month you haven't lost your demo time to learn it. Is it the best? No, but its the best for the price. 2D CAM is easy as pie, and 3D CAM is doable even for the beginner with couple days practice and the help of the awesome users on the CB forum. Don't want to learn something? Just want to do a job now? CB isn't a zero learning curve, but with a little patience and the very proactive help on their forums you can be doing 2D stuff for use and application in a day. Maybe 3D stuff as well. It took me a little longer, but I had to unlearn all the damage done by other "simpler" CAM programs first.

I struggled with LazCAM for months trying to get real wok out of it, but I finally gave up. Sure, there are a few examples of neat work done with it, but its more a matter of tenacity than anything else in my opinion.

On the LazyCam Page:
    ArtSoft Recommended CAM Programs

While Mach3 does come with LazyCam for very simple tasks, it is recommended to use a full CAM program. The CAM programs in this section are highly recommended products, and include Mach3 post-processors. If you have a requirement for CAM programs, we highly suggest you try these products.

Second one down on their page is CamBam:

CamBam
    A robust, inexpensive CAM package with many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    For image converting ,you can just add an image online processing software which supports to convert images effectively.
    That would help you a lot with image issues.