Newbie LAZYCAM optimizing

Thread: LAZYCAM optimizing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LAZYCAM optimizing

I am looking for a way to cut parts out of a web cleaner. The parts are nested together but have tabs to keep the parts stable while cutting. The problem i am getting is that the lazycam program will send the cutting head to the other side of the cutting plot instead of going up and over the tab in a more continuous and time efficient motion. Optimize button doesn't fix this, so is there any advice on how to change the cut direction, start point etc?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

In the project tab you can see all the chains. If you highlight one, you will see what part of the picture it affects. You can move the chains into any order you like. It can be a bit time-consuming, but it can also save you a lot of machine time and wear and tear.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To Sirkossorg,
    I always use this organizing way, as you are suggesting, to give logic chains cutting order to minimize timing consuming, however I still don´t know how to change
    the cutting direction of an entity inside of a chain. Unfortunately Lazycam always let some entities running in oposite direction, specially arcs, which it does not make sense at all.
    Help !!!.

Downloads
    Uploads

1) Use something better than LazyCAM.

2) When you create your drawing, draw everything in the correct direction, and in the order you want it cut. Most CAM programs will read a drawing and cut in the direction it was drawn, and in the order the lines were drawn. The better ones let you easily change the order and direction.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gerry, I did what you said, and I got success, the only wierd thing is that I drew my chain in AutoCAD in CCW direction, and LazyCAM created the G Code in CW direction, plop !!. I did just one chain by using lines and arcs, it is a simetrical butterfly, very simple shape.
    I would like to comment that while I was trying obsessively to correct my old chain file (last night until 3:00 am today morning), I found by accident that you can correct entities direction by clicking on it to select it, so the entity change color and it shows a very small yellow dot in one of its end, which I discovered that is the starting point of the entity cutting direction, then if you use the left botton to click on that spot, you will be able to drag that point to the right position you want. Unfortunately I had success in just one of the arc entity, but a second arc. After I moved the yellow point to its right position, I gave double click on this yellow point now in its right location to fix it there, and I got "Lead-Configuration" window, and without paying too much attention to that pop-up (3:00 am in the morning), I gave it "OK". I know this "method" is not the intended for, or ??, anyway, but I was desperate. Your comments on this will be very appreciated. And yes, I should use a better software than LC. Thanks.
    I am not CNC Zone forum expert user, so, do you know how I can upload files ?. Some times just one picture save a lot writing explanation time.