File size limit for RD6442S control system?

Thread: File size limit for RD6442S control system?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default File size limit for RD6442S control system?

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the group and recently purchased a 60w Unich 1318 cnc laser. I am having a few problems that I can't seem to figure out.
    The first problem is that the lighter areas of photos are very faint regardless of the medium. I have tried different power levels and speeds, even lightening up the photo in both corel and photograv, but nothing helps.
    What I've tried so far is speeds between 200mm-300mm sec and power levels from 17-26% min with max set the same. I was able to successfully engrave these files on a different laser that of course had a different control card and software.
    The second issue is with large files. The laser bed is 51"x 71" yet I can't engrave a 24"x48" photo. Is there a file size limitation with the RD controllers?
    As you may know, tech support is not much help, any advice you can provide to help get this machine working properly will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!