Need Help! lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?

Thread: lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?

Question lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?

All right,so i've set up my laser to cut a 50x50 mm square.

The final result is 40x40 mm square. 20% less than it's set up in LaserCut53.

The laser is a g weike 3040, and i'm not able to connect to it via USB for now. All jobs are produced as .mol files to usb memory.

Anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?

my machine is also doing the same. still looking for a solution

Awesome to hear that i'm not alone.

I'm attaching the settings i have in LaserCut53. I guess that the error is here somewhere.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?-motion-card-png   lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?-worktable-png   lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?-feeding-png  

Greetings!@ I don't have this machine so this is speculation. My guess is the Pulse Unit value for the X and Y axis is the travel per pulse. You might see if the ellipsis next to each value opens up a pull down. If so, look for something along the lines of 0.00625 or thereabouts. If not, see if you can enter that value into the field. Just swagging around 20 percent less than the current value. You'll probably get something closer to what you want if my guess is right about the contents of this value, it sounds like the machine is generating too few step pulses for a given travel distance.

Stan, thanks for taking the time to comment and give some direction.
    really appreciated.

I'll check what happens when I change the settings, hopefully it'll be quite easy to find the right settings. (Or perhaps g.weike can provide it if they see this post)

I also found the attached info about pulse unit that I found in some pdf manual from leetro or gweike.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasercut - finished product 20% smaller than in software?-pulse-unit-png  

hi,
    I did what you proposed, and Remove 20% of each of the two Numbers,
    It now gives me the right output!
    Thanks!

I’ll dig around a little to see if i understand why X and Y values differ.