Problem engraving beyond size

Thread: engraving beyond size

Downloads
    Uploads

Default engraving beyond size

Have 708lite controller and lasercut ver 7.68. Having a problem with the controller suddenly showing " engraving beyond size" and stopping the run.Had been doing this some but before the run was started. Now it's doing it intermittently after the run has begun like after 1+2min and then stops.
    I've been able to get it to work by removing most or all of the files stored in the controller and resetting the system from the front panel.
    Any ideas as what may be causing this?
    I seem to remember a second way to reset the controller for a better memory purge but don't remember what the procedure is. Anyone know?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: engraving beyond size

It sounds like your files are overflowing the machine's onboard memory. What sort of files are you running? I'd make a point of purging as much hidden or non-cut data as possible from the files themselves, as well as emptying out the onboard memory ont he laser, too.
    Are you loading files using a USB stick, or are you using a link from your computer? I'm not aware of there being a version 7.68 for the lasercut software range, but I'll have a lok around and see if I can find a copy - I know 5.3 pretty well, but if there's a major difference betwen versions, that probably won't help you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply.
    Using draftsight and coraldraw 5x on a desktop computer with windows 7 via usb connection.
    I mostly use DXF files or some BMP
    I am very sure there is a way to purge the memory on the controller other than the RESET button on the front panel. Had a friend tell me the process but i have forgotten how and he passed this last January. He would tell me that the reset did not clear all the garbage out of the memory that would build up over time and then limit the amount of usable memory for the working files.
    It's been awhile now that I used ver 5.3 but as memory serves: the page layout is better, more options to work with the files, better est on work time, cad features somewhat improved, ect.Just look for lasercad 7 on the net. found mine under "banggood" and was able to download the file and manual for free.

Thanks,
    Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, that explains it - lasercad and lasercut are different software packages entirely. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the control systems for the kind of laser you're using - if it was running lasercut, then it'd be a leetro system, which I could help with.

Sorry.