Need Help! miss align scan

Thread: miss align scan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default miss align scan

HI guys
    this is my first post, ive been lurking for a while trying to fix problems .. my machine is a chine FL-460 factory upgrade to 80w laser, and ive just changed the controller to ruida 6442G. with RDworks v8.0.12 and the corel X7 plugin
    let me start by saying OMG What a head Fk. pulling my hair over the last 3-4 weeks trying to find information on parts in the machine ( steppa motors) and get help from china tech support, less then very limited.

the main problem ive been having is the motors were running extremly rough. I finally fixed this today by changing the settings on the stepper drivers from 3.5 current and 4.0 pk current all the way down to 1.0 curr and 1.2 pk curr. ive still got the microstep at 35 and the pulse at 6400. but now the x and y axis seem very smooth.

I set up a test run to determine the over run at different settings. with a 20mm cut border on the left and scan bars starting 70 mm away from that border and progressively moving closr by 10 mill untill the last one in the set lines up with the border at 20mm from x origin. i have done this for a scan speed of 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500 mm /sec.

this has given me 3 results . the first is that on 1, 2 & 300mm/s it engraves the 20mm from origin scan line then when it drops to start the 400mm/s set it gives the "not enough extend space" error.
    the interesting thing is that it gives this error at the beginning of the set, so, 70mm away from origin.

the second anomaly is that i get over run of the scan past the 20mm cut line. it starts at about 1.5mm over the line at 100mm/s and gets progressively larger as the speed increases.

the third anomaly is the text. even though it is lined up in corel and sized so that it fits within lines and is centred etc. it seems to be cutting the text larger then set in corel and not lineing it up as ive specified .. example, the vertical text in the 20mm border that states " 20mm border" is offset to the left of centre by about 1-1.5mm

any help on these issues would be greatly apreciated

snow

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: miss align scan

sorry, not being able to help you but I have a question, did you do the ruida replacement yourself ?

I have a 1290 80w laser cutter with the crappy leetro controller and just brought the 6442G to replace but I am in desperate need of help or documents that might help, do you have any info that might help me ?

Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrops View Post
    sorry, not being able to help you but I have a question, did you do the ruida replacement yourself ?

I have a 1290 80w laser cutter with the crappy leetro controller and just brought the 6442G to replace but I am in desperate need of help or documents that might help, do you have any info that might help me ?

Thank you
    Hi.
    yes i replaced the controller myself.
    the wiring diagram that comes with the rudia controller is your best source of information ( if you didnt get the manual ask the supplier to provide it.
    My machine was running laserworks and the biggest problem i had was figuring out which wires from the power supply on that controller corresponded with the wiring of the rudia controller.
    My as i dont know what board your machine currently uses i cant help you with that, but my solution was to contact the support team from my machine supplier. ( it was quite a long and painfull process) .
    I hope that info is of some help for you

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi snowpoll

Thank you for the quick reply

I have to understand this very well I can see this is going to be a long journey

The seller for the new Ruida Controller sent me several manuals (See Screen) and a rdcam software but first I need to understand what each component is on the machine

My machine is running leetro MPC 6585 controller and according to seller the stepper motors are 3 phase and psu 80W

Can you please tell me what each component is in the photos, I know #5 is the psu and #6 is the leetro controller right ? what about the others ? Where did you have your "biggest problem with wiring, " was it at #2 or #3 ?

Did you have to replace the wiring or the psu when you replaced yours ?

And how did you program the controller parameters for your machine,( this is what I am dreading), is the manual clear on this, I still have to check it out.

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 = stepper motor drivers .. use the dim switches to controll the step and speed of the motors
    2 = mains power transformer .. mains power in 24 and 5v out dpendant on need. pretty straihgt forward
    3 = secondary PSU for drivers and controller ..24 & 5v power for stepper drivers and main ontrol board
    4 = laser PSU .. poewr supply for laser and laser controll back to the controller box >> this is ware i needed help finding out which wies went ware. as your supplier for this one no second chances.
    5 = NFI .. i have no idea what this one is.. its not on my machine that im aware of.
    6 = main controller box .. you know what this one is.

i would suggest the wiring pdf will give you most of your answers. follow it carefully.
    I did have to change some of the wiring about ware it differed from old to new controller setup

once you have it wired up corectly, first off draw a square in you program, about 100 x100 set your laser to a very low power and do a test cut. if the square you cut is not exactly 100x100 go into
    user parameters and change the step setings for the x ad y axis ( they are seperate). it shoud give you a popup that lets you put in your program lengh and actual cut lenght, then it will do the calculations for you.

hope thats helpfull.
    merry xmas

1 = stepper motor drivers .. use the dim switches to controll the step and speed of the motors
    2 = mains power transformer .. mains power in 24 and 5v out dpendant on need. pretty straihgt forward
    3 = secondary PSU for drivers and controller ..24 & 5v power for stepper drivers and main ontrol board
    4 = laser PSU .. poewr supply for laser and laser controll back to the controller box >> this is ware i needed help finding out which wies went ware. as your supplier for this one no second chances.
    5 = NFI .. i have no idea what this one is.. its not on my machine that im aware of.
    6 = main controller box .. you know what this one is.

i would suggest the wiring pdf will give you most of your answers. follow it carefully.
    I did have to change some of the wiring about ware it differed from old to new controller setup

once you have it wired up corectly, first off draw a square in you program, about 100 x100 set your laser to a very low power and do a test cut. if the square you cut is not exactly 100x100 go into
    user parameters and change the step setings for the x ad y axis ( they are seperate). it shoud give you a popup that lets you put in your program lengh and actual cut lenght, then it will do the calculations for you.

hope thats helpfull.
    merry xmas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much, learned quite a lot I will be sure to take great care when connecting the laser psu wiring

After some research I think I'll be buying the lightobjet T9 dsp I emailed the company and am currently waiting for their response, controller looks really good and they also offer good english spoken assistance in replacing the controller

Merry Xmas and a Happy new Year !!!