Need Help! ECP file loads invisibly in LaserCut 5.3

Thread: ECP file loads invisibly in LaserCut 5.3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ECP file loads invisibly in LaserCut 5.3

I'm tearing out what little hair I have left over this. I must have corrupted this file somehow but I can't figure it out and can't describe it accurately enough to search by. I wanted to engrave a simple floor plan of my shop on some scrap plywood, along with some scale cut-outs of machines I can move around to find the optimum placement. Something happened to the file and now when I "open" it in LaserCut 5.3, all the data is "invisible". I see the "thumbnail" image when I'm selecting it from the list, but when I open it, nothing is displayed UNTIL I drag a wire frame around where the data should appear. Then it's all there, but cannot be edited. It just sits there as if it's all grouped together with one "X" in the middle of the data. If I try to "select" one element, EVERYTHING disappears again, but I can drag back through it and it's still there. I can copy and paste (everything) but again, when I try to select any one element in the copy, EVERYTHING disappears. All lines and elements are shown in red instead of the selected color for sequencing (black). Any idea what I did (for future avoidance) or how to fix what I have. I can compile and up-load to the machine, but get continual "Soft Stops" if I try to run the file. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ECP file loads invisibly in LaserCut 5.3

[Bump]STILL having this crazy problem. Can't anybody help??
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawg View Post
    I'm tearing out what little hair I have left over this. I must have corrupted this file somehow but I can't figure it out and can't describe it accurately enough to search by. I wanted to engrave a simple floor plan of my shop on some scrap plywood, along with some scale cut-outs of machines I can move around to find the optimum placement. Something happened to the file and now when I "open" it in LaserCut 5.3, all the data is "invisible". I see the "thumbnail" image when I'm selecting it from the list, but when I open it, nothing is displayed UNTIL I drag a wire frame around where the data should appear. Then it's all there, but cannot be edited. It just sits there as if it's all grouped together with one "X" in the middle of the data. If I try to "select" one element, EVERYTHING disappears again, but I can drag back through it and it's still there. I can copy and paste (everything) but again, when I try to select any one element in the copy, EVERYTHING disappears. All lines and elements are shown in red instead of the selected color for sequencing (black). Any idea what I did (for future avoidance) or how to fix what I have. I can compile and up-load to the machine, but get continual "Soft Stops" if I try to run the file. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ECP file loads invisibly in LaserCut 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by RedDawg View Post
    [Bump]STILL having this crazy problem. Can't anybody help??
    AAAAANNNDDD another bump, now it's happened again! Somebody MUST have experienced this before and have the fix PLEASE!