Lasercut and Win 10 - anyone married these two successfully?

Thread: Lasercut and Win 10 - anyone married these two successfully?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lasercut and Win 10 - anyone married these two successfully?

I bought a second laser machine that came with Lasercut 5.3 on a couple of CDs. Also bought a cheap computer to sit next to it and hooked it up to my home network.
    The comp came with Win 7, and I finally managed to get that on the network, unraveled the mysterious contents of the CDs enough to get it working - so far so good....

Then Win 10 reared it's head and suggested I upgrade - so (since I haven't got W10 on any other machine) I decided to try it out.
    After a l..o..n..g.. wait W10 loaded and installed ok, but now Lasercut wont run, tells me the dongle and software wont talk to each other.

I can, of course, go back to W7 within the next 30 days, but like the look of W10 so far.
    Problem is, I need (presumably) drivers for the dongle that work with W10 - has anyone managed to get Lasercut working on Win 10 and if so can you help?

Thanks, Bob

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lasercut and Win 10 - anyone married these two successfully?

Unless they are a vicar or registrar no one is going to admit to bigammy in an open forum/

seriously tho, I haven't tried to do this but know of two people that had same problem and went back to 7 as the dongle is incompatable with 10 and no way to make it so, one of the two people worked for me a few years ago as an analyst/programmer managing and installing Novell\Windows networks so I would believe it is not possible he has been an IT pro for around 20yrs and was very good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Louis - it's pretty much what I expected to hear. I've searched Leetro's site and they dont have anything specific for W10. They'll probably bring out a new version of Lasercut at some stage, but (of course) will expect users to upgrade to a new dongle too.

Ah well, back to W7 I suppose.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm running 5.3 on Win 10 quit happily, theres an install guide for it I can chuck here if needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please complete the following steps.

1. Install the laser software as standard (for a step-by-step guide please see the Windows 7 software installation instructions).
    2. Enter the start menu and click on power icon in the lower left of the screen. While the computer is restarting press the shift key and right click the mouse.
    3. When it asks you to choose an option, select the Troubleshoot option.
    4. Select Advanced options.
    5. Select Startup Settings.
    6. Click Restart.
    7. After restarting your computer the second time, choose Disable driver signature enforcement from the list below by typing F7 on the keyboard.
    8. You will now be able to install drivers normally, however when Windows displays the corresponding warning message, click Install this driver software anyway.

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you continue to get a communication error message, complete the following steps with both the USB dongle and the laser machine connected to your computer:

1. Open the Device Manager (press the Windows key + X or right-click on Start to open the Power User Menu. Select Device Manager in the menu).
    2. Look for the EZ USB FX device (this should be found under Universal Serial Bus controllers). Right click on this device and select update driver software.
    3. When asked, opt to manually search for the device and point it to the Universal Serial Bus device.
    4. Click OK/Yes/Accept for all message windows that open.

The software should now run correctly.