Problem with part starting point when doing multiples on a sheet

Thread: Problem with part starting point when doing multiples on a sheet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with part starting point when doing multiples on a sheet

Hello to all the Lasercut users out there.

I have a bit of annoying problem when cutting out multiple identical items from a sheet of material. One example is I am cutting long thin strips, imagine something the size of a normal 12 inch wood/steel ruler. They are all laid out neatly in rows.

I have the start point located on the bottom left corner of each part. The machine will start the first part out at the correct location but once that first one is cut out the machine will rapid over to the next part but heads over to the top right. Once that next part is cut it then rapids back over to the left side, and so and so on.

The machine spends a long time performing useless zig zag rapid moves when it should just jump to the next start point that I have indicated on the Lasercut file.

For the life of me I can't get the software to go from the start points on one part to the start point on the next part. It seems that the software decides what is best but in my cases you couldn't do any more unnecessary rapid moves if you tried.

I suppose it's not really a deal breaker as the parts do come off the machine but it really bugs me that I can't seem to make it do it the way I want it.

Thanks in advance everyone.