Converting CNC6040 mill to 5.5w Neje, 450nm - Swapping Bitsensor Board to what?

Thread: Converting CNC6040 mill to 5.5w Neje, 450nm - Swapping Bitsensor Board to what?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Converting CNC6040 mill to 5.5w Neje, 450nm - Swapping Bitsensor Board to what?

Hey Folks!

I am actually happy with the 6040 - it mills and mills and mills..
    Now i was thinking about to add a Neje 5.5w Laser module to do some simple laser engravings.

i am aware that i cant cut and such.. its just for applying images and serial numbers.

Anyway:

it seems i would need to switch my BOB which is a "Bitsensor" BSMCEO4U-PP.
    Mostly because i am pretty sure the PWM will not work with the bitsensor board - from what i read so far.

Question is:

Whats a good decent exchange ? - i am using external stepper drivers MC542 therefore i am sure the grbl will not work since the drivers are on board (and freaking small xD)
    I was thinking in first about the grbl since it has Laser and Spindle support.

is there anything similar but with support for external stepper drivers?

I would like to keep both - spindle and laser control and build a proper switch for it.

Thanks for any hints and ideas!
    Regards
    Dee

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting CNC6040 mill to 5.5w Neje, 450nm - Swapping Bitsensor Board to what?

GRBL is firmware that runs on arduino platform.
    My arduino nano drives 3 external drivers with TB6600 chip, as well as a blue 2500mW laser module.
    Just to clarify, I'm usually running my machine with Mach3 over parallel port and when I need a laser, I just connect arduino to the PP cable.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting CNC6040 mill to 5.5w Neje, 450nm - Swapping Bitsensor Board to what?

Thanks for your reply!

Ok yeah, that makes sense with the Arduino / Firmware part.
    So in the end you "doublewired" everything? One whole setup to the drivers from one controller for milling... and one whole setup from the arduino for laser fun?
    In my case the bob is USB .. so i would just have 2 "usb cables" marked with milling and one with lazor...

hmm quit nice idea .. so i could keep my bitsensor board and just buy a simple 3axis controller/arduino/mega and good to go..
    Yeah would be fine, since the bitsensor controls 4 axis for milling and its not thaaaat easy to get a decent 4axis board actually.

thanks for the feedback! appreciated!

Dee

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry, but I can't help you regarding your BOB. Never used it.
    I dislike USB for controlling router as it is prone to drop out of communication when operating VFD, to much electrical noise for poor USB
    On second machine I run PUMOTIX software as controller with their PLCM-E3 controller connected over the LAN. No problems at all.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.