Replacement Controller

Thread: Replacement Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replacement Controller

I have a bad Y-axis on my RDLC320-A controller. What is a good replacement? I am looking at an RDC6442S. Would that work as a replacement?

Default Re: Replacement Controller

Most popular Controllers:
    RDC6442G Controller
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...ing-engraving/
    and RDC6445G Controller
    https://www.automationtechnologiesin...tting-machine/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a chinese 6040 laser and I would like to change the controller so I can have color seperation cutting
    My problem is that the driver card for the stepper motors is mounted on the motors
    Is there away that I can replace the stepper motors and replace the controller and software without a big hassle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.

May I ask what´s the point in replacing the motor controllers (drives)? I might be wrong but I don´t see how that would help you to accomplish your goal as they do not control more than just the movement of the motors. I believe it is the main system controller that is responsible for that.

To me is like changing a motor drive to be able to make arcs in a machine that only runs lines. It´s not the driver but the system that controls when a motor is to move and for what a distance, synchronizing the two motors needed to make the arc.

Perhaps you are dealing with the fact that some on board controllers are programmed by transmitting them programs effectively making them to run predetermined movements by only signaling them to execute them. That is, I can give one of this controllers a predefined series of movements and when programmed I only trigger the "DO" instruction and the motor, through its on-board controller, executes the given secuence.

As far as I know that function can normally be overridden making the motor to run as a standard motor. You just give the controller the STEP & DIRECTION signals. But you have to be very careful as the overhead in the system controller might be high and could not be able to deal with all the required functions. That´s the main reason to use such "slave" drives.

As I said, I might be wrong. If I am please let me know. I´m always trying to learn something new.

Regards.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I submitted the same question a couple years ago to a cnc forum and was told that a new controller would not work due to the fact that the stepper motor control board was mounter to the motors.
    My thought was to replace the stepper motors so that I could use a upgraded control system that would support color separation cutting
    to simplify, being able to submit cutting files with the lines on the object to be cut in a specific order arranged by color such as internal areas in green outer lines in red
    This way I can specify that the green cut first and the red cut last

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The way the software is now it only will cut on one line (black) in no specified order

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is it