Looking for best 60w tube (SPT or EFR?)

Thread: Looking for best 60w tube (SPT or EFR?)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for best 60w tube (SPT or EFR?)

I'm looking to get a replacement 60w tube. I hear good things about SPT tubes. When I visit the SPT site they list two types of 60w tubes. T series and C series. Heres the link for the T Series T75 --- 60W CO2 LASER TUBE

I've read in this forum that the C series are just like all the other tubes and average. Are the T series the "good" tubes? They list them as only 1050mm. I've always read 60w tubes are 1200mm. Is that right or this just a different type of tube? I have also heard that EFR makes good tubes. Does anyone have experience with both and can provide a recommendation on a tube?

Also looking for recommended vendors to purchase from. I have purchased a 60w SPT from LightObjects. I was happy but I want to see what the best 60w tube I can get is. My main concern is longevity.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for best 60w tube (SPT or EFR?)

I'll answer part of my own question. According to SPT the T series are for engraving and not powered for cutting. Does anyone have experience with C series? I've asked Light Object if that is the model they sell and I'm awaiting a response. I'm really just trying to find a high quality 60w replacement tube to buy consistantly.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never heard of a CO2 tube made specifically for engraving and not cutting. 60W should be 60W, so either tube should both engrave and cut. I am guessing it is a miscommunication or misunderstanding on their part. Their website says that the T has an "excellent" spot size, perhaps that makes it more effective for cutting (but should also make it better for engraving I would assume).

Looking at the specs at Lightobject and Aliexpress, I would bet that Lightobject is selling the C70 for the 60W tube. Some specs.:
    C60: 50mm diameter/1200mm length
    C70: 55mm diameter/1250mm length
    T75: 80mm diameter/1050mm length.

https://www.lightobject.com/SPT-60W-...-Tube-P70.aspx
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Adve...789442306.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertk925 View Post
    I have never heard of a CO2 tube made specifically for engraving and not cutting. 60W should be 60W, so either tube should both engrave and cut. I am guessing it is a miscommunication or misunderstanding on their part. Their website says that the T has an "excellent" spot size, perhaps that makes it more effective for cutting (but should also make it better for engraving I would assume).

Looking at the specs at Lightobject and Aliexpress, I would bet that Lightobject is selling the C70 for the 60W tube. Some specs.:
    C60: 50mm diameter/1200mm length
    C70: 55mm diameter/1250mm length
    T75: 80mm diameter/1050mm length.

https://www.lightobject.com/SPT-60W-...-Tube-P70.aspx
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Adve...789442306.html
    Thanks for the reply!

At this point I'm just looking to get the best 60w I can find. Any recommendations?

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I have only bought 1 replacement tube for my laser in the 3 years that I have owned it, and I bought the SPT from LightObjects because of the reasonable price and the fact that I needed it fast.

From what I hear Reci is often considered the "best" tube, but that is typically for higher power tubes.