CO2 Laser Bodor

Thread: CO2 Laser Bodor

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CO2 Laser Bodor

Hi there, I am really happy to found this forum. I am new to CO2 laser and i have been struggling trying to cut foam with it. I have a Bodor laser CO2 100W chinese model i am trying to cut open cell foam but i have not been able to find the right parameters to do so. I have also been thinking on getting a different nozzle to help me but i dont know what type of nozzles are appropriate for foam materials with thicknesses ranging from 10 mm to 30mm. Please if anyone has used a co2 laser to cut foam advise what parameters or nozzzle types to be used.

Thanks a lot.
    Julian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CO2 Laser Bodor

I think it is going to be less about the nozzle and more about the focal length of the lens. If you have the standard 2" lens in your machine, a 4" lens might do a better job with the relatively thick foam due to the longer profile of the 4" beam's profile. Yes, you may need a new tube+lens+nozzle assembly.

Often it is better to make multiple passes for each cut at a lower power versus trying to cut with just one pass at higher power.

Consider cutting multiple layers of foam and then gluing them together versus cutting one really thick pieced of foam.

The quality of the foam is important. Cheap stuff does not laser well and it falls apart/"sheds" after a short time.

Last edited by vrc321; 07-23-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    "80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

The more focal lenght, the more depth of the cut focused. 2" focal lenght is appropiate for materials <10mm depth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone I am new here.trying to get information on a Trumpf 3030 laser. Can anyone help?