80W efr tube. How hard can I drive it?

Thread: 80W efr tube. How hard can I drive it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 80W efr tube. How hard can I drive it?

Hi guys, I just got an 80w Chinese laser cutter with an efr tube.

Research seems to suggest to add an ammeter and make sure the tube doesn't go beyond 30mA
    I have an ammeter but the installation process seems beyond me. Can anyone with the same tube or similar let me know what percentage corresponds to 30mA so I know not to exceed that

Thanks guys

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 80W efr tube. How hard can I drive it?

There are different models of 80w EFR tubes. For mine, you never want to exceed 28 mA and EFR states that 25 mA is the maximum if you want to get the maximum life out of your tube. Go to the Lasea EFR website for complete specs for your tube. You cannot rely on percentages from others because 1) you may not have the same model of EFR tube and 2) it is highly likely you will not have have the same brand and model number of power supply. Different power supplies result in different output for the same programmed % number in your Ruida controller.

Keep the cooling water around 18C for best power consistency and long life.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vrc321 View Post
    There are different models of 80w EFR tubes. For mine, you never want to exceed 28 mA and EFR states that 25 mA is the maximum if you want to get the maximum life out of your tube. Go to the Lasea EFR website for complete specs for your tube. You cannot rely on percentages from others because 1) you may not have the same model of EFR tube and 2) it is highly likely you will not have have the same brand and model number of power supply. Different power supplies result in different output for the same programmed % number in your Ruida controller.

Keep the cooling water around 18C for best power consistency and long life.

Thanks a lot! So turns out the power supply i have has a digital read out of the mA so no need to worry about installing the analogue Ammeter I purchased.

Oh and unfortunately, the laser didn't come with a Ruida controller. It came with the cheapo M2 controller (the K40 one) so... yeah

I have my water circulating around 20 degrees. Should I get it lower or is this fine?

Ambient temperature in the workshop is around 27 to 32 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Montypaks View Post
    Thanks a lot! So turns out the power supply i have has a digital read out of the mA so no need to worry about installing the analogue Ammeter I purchased.

Oh and unfortunately, the laser didn't come with a Ruida controller. It came with the cheapo M2 controller (the K40 one) so... yeah

I have my water circulating around 20 degrees. Should I get it lower or is this fine?

Ambient temperature in the workshop is around 27 to 32 degrees

Water circulating around 20 C degrees should be OK

Make sure Current is about 20- 25 mA

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...ser-engraving/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by automationtechinc View Post
    Water circulating around 20 C degrees should be OK

Make sure Current is about 20- 25 mA

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...ser-engraving/

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

So a general question. You said to run at 20 to 25ma. I've never actually run it that hard. It's about 5 to 10ma.

So my question is is it better to run it at 25 mA which corresponds to 100% power and crank up the speed? How fast can I go?

Is this better than running say at 5mA with slower movement say 200mm/s raster or 20mA vector

Thanks