Please Help! Laser and optics question

Thread: Please Help! Laser and optics question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Please Help! Laser and optics question

I have a 200W Co2 Laser ( Firestar series F201) the laser is a Synrad laser on a Multy-Cam 4'X10' CNC table.
    The laser tube is about 11years old and 4.5 years since last re pump/recondition it was tested at 240W-260W after re pumping. Now I tested the laser with a Synrad tester and its outputting 192W out of the tube. After I noticed the settings I had were not cutting through the material anymore (just like last time when I had to send in for re pump /recondition) Only going about 3/4 through material. The question is, does that sound like a reasonable drop in power over 4.5years signifying a re pump again? I am planning on getting a re pump at Synrad. Its 7-8k USD do you know of any other places i can get it serviced for less?

Second question. I also did a test of power after the "HAAS CPU" (Apparently a device that rounds out the beam) which is the first thing the beam hits and the power drops down to about 110W. After calling HAAS they said it should drop no more than 5%
    The CPU is clean and there is no obstructions in the laser path. Does it make sense for that device to rob the laser beam of so much power? Further down the line I only loose a few percent after the Collimator and a bunch of mirrors..

Please help I called everyone I could think of and this doesn't add up. Particularly the CPU that's robbing the laser of all that power. I might not have noticed it before since the laser had way more power after being re-pumped. but still that CPU is taking nearly 40-50%.

My lively hood depends on this laser I want to solve these two issues as quick as possible. Particularly want to find out why that device that rounds the beam is robbing so much power.

Thanks in advance
    Dariusz