Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?

View Poll Results: Best laser cutter control card upgrad?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • LinkMotion AGNI USB Micro-Laser Controller

1 20.00%
  • RuiDa Laser Cutting Engraving System

2 40.00%
  • AWC608C Color Display Laser Engraving

1 20.00%
  • Leetro MPC6535

1 20.00%
  • Retinaengrave usb card

0 0%

Thread: Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend or help please? What is the best option to upgrade my laser control card?

150 Watt laser 2440 x 1220 mm bed.
    We currently have a MPC6515 control card
    Dll: 4.1.2.2
    Firmware: 4.1.2.5
    Hardware: 4.0.0.1
    USB Firmware: 1.0.0.11
    SN: 12430071
    On start-up the LCD screens Says...
    SYSTEM STARTING PLEASE WAIT V4.0.3
    Windows 7 32&64bit
    Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?-webwp_20140514_013-jpg
    Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?-webwp_20140514_006-jpg
    Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?-webwp_20140513_009-jpg
    My Leetro MPC6515 It doesn’t leave a gap between each part of an engraving so when you engrave there is no space vertically between objects so they come out touching together vertically stacked. And if i change scan gap i get strange engraving results.

I'm based in the south cost of England, Bournemouth. Dose anyone know if there is someone local I can get technical assistance with upgrading chines lasers?

Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?-laserbug-jpg
    Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?-fnb-jpg

Looking at these, what are people experiences with all these, is there any i have forgotten?

LinkMotion with ‘AGNI’ USB Micro-Laser Controller for CO2 Laser Machines
    LinkMotion with ?AGNI? USB Micro-Laser Controller for CO2 Laser Machines

RuiDa laser cutting engraving system RDC6344G ? or
    RuiDa laser engraving cutting card RDLC320-A ?
    SHENZHENREADER TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD

AWC608C Color display Laser Engraving
    LaserCAD Laser Engraving&Cutting Controller
    Sinjoe Laser Color Screen Cutting and Engraving Controller AWC-608C | Shenzhen Sinjoe Laser Technology Co., Limited

Leetro™ MPC6535/MPC65 improves major performance compared to MPC6515
    MPC6535--Leetro Automation Co.,Ltd.

RetinaEngrave v4 USB Laser Controller
    FSL no longer supports DIY installs?
    RetinaEngrave v4 USB Laser Controller

All the best Paul

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Paul Shroom; 05-17-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Default Re: Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?

Hey Paul;

I can't vote as I only have experience with LinkMotion, but I have to say that experience has been excellent. I do model airplanes and I wanted to be able to laser cut parts. Having to watch my pennies (pence??) I chose to go with a kit produced by buildyourcnc.com. 40 watt, Chinese glass CO2 laser. I ordered the recommended controller & software from them, planet-cnc software, and a BYC controller board based on the planet-cnc offering. Nothing at all againt the BYC guys, but in my opinion that are CNC router guys that must have said, lets add a tube and mirrors and sell a laser. Bottom line, it worked! Power is controlled by a 50k pot and each cut job had a single speed setting. BYC had me turn on and off the laser with the Z axis. This had a problem with a major burn before the laser head started moving. (hence my CNC Router guys comment) I spoke with planet-cnc and they had me wire the controller differently which greatly improved things but I still had the power and speed issues. My resolution was to split each job into 3, send text, small parts, and large parts as seperate files. I should also mention that each job was a dxf file that had to be imported into the planet software to be converted to g code each time.

So I looked for something better. I found Solustan based out of Needham just 15 miles away. I called them up and they invited me over to their facility to hook up my notebook to their test bench as they did not know if they were compatible with TurboCad. Their solution resides on the controller pc as a "printer" and you just print to the laser. TurboCad appeared to work and the solution allowed me to go to a digital power control, and multiple power settings within a single job. So off to the shop. Now, all of this has happened in the last couple of weeks, so solutions here are not final, but...

A) I am having issues with TurboCad. The g-code that the print driver is sending to the laser is just not right. I am getting power changes in unexpected places, weird gantry movements, etc. A call to to Dhiren and Ashmi has them coming up with a quick workaround using Corel that is allowing me to continue to work while they are looking into the problem. They also have come out with version 4 of their driver software which may help but I haven't tried it as yet.

This Corel solution works great! wysiwyg all the way. The only problem is I don't know Corel, but I am learning what I have to to get the job done. I am using a trial version of Corel and am hoping that I will not need to buy it. Basically, what I am doing is saving to a dxf from TCad and importing into Corel.

I can't say enough about the support I am getting. Update and follow up calls and e-mails, they are contacting TurboCad to see what might be happening, the list just goes on. I am actually kind of happy that I am experiencing issue with TCad. When dealing with a new to me company, having a problem and seeing how they address it tells me a lot about them and I can wholeheartedly recommend Solustan and the LinkMotion solution. I am confident that I will eventually be lasing directly from TurboCad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrading laser cutter control card Leetro MPC6515 ?

For Sale
    MPC6585 1 PC
    PAD04A-E 1 PC
    COM-W4-2.5M 1 PC
    USB-AB-3M 1 PC
    LaserCut6.1 CD
    MPC6585 is designed for the open-loop motion control system for the general
    laser machine only. It is an all new one with the LAN function.
    $347.00
    Anyone need this i have a brand new one I bought extra for my machine
    djnphoto@hotmail.com
    djnphotowoodworking@gmail.com