questions re water system for CO2 laser - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions re water system for CO2 laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Air Conditioner

Thanks for the pick. I like the air pump. Definately getting a bigger one soon. Pretty smooth idea putting the "coils" in the output of the AC. Do you have a problem with condensation or MAJOR temp fluxes? Thats what worries me. Theres way of practically freezing the water per say, but I don't want to run a tube cool then it get 10 degrees hotter on a long run shortly, and burst anything. I'm sure my knowledge of hot and cold glass is same, these kids are learning science, but how much can really change to sell a textbook?...
    I'm going to do that today probably with a small window unit. Can't hurt I guess. Does the flowrate on the air compressor have any major drawbacks, ex. being too high? I know it needs to be "water" free of course. The nice strong little chinese dodad that came with machine has worked great, but it gets hotter than a 3$ rolex in 10 minutes. Been kicking those. Kudos to them for that.
    One question I've pondered and haven't found a definate answer is the flowrate on the water pump. I found a nice pond filter pump at local pet shop, with 5 gal min capacity. Too much flow? Just wondering. I'll post my water setup today hopefully, want to clean up around it first... Ha. Gets messy when I get the 1000 yard "laser" stare...
    Thanks again for the response too. I really enjoy being able to talk "Laser" to people who know what I'm talking about. I'm like the local "frankenstein" in these parts with my "toys".

60watt 24x36

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi clayne,
    no problemeo with condensation or freezing ones in a while I check the temperatur with the finger and if I fell its a bit warm I just turn the A/C a notch up or down no this tubes ar special glass anyway dont worry about bursting the cooling temperature should be between 68 and 76 degree F for best results. a submersible pump with a flow rate of at least 1 gallon/min is good enough, just make sure that the whole pump including the connection sta=ys under water to prevent from airbubbles sniking in air bubbles is one of the most dangerous parts for the laser tube to be damaged.
    dont worry about flow rate of the air asisst compressor in order to have a good blow out you need quite a bit of flow.
    just make sure that your water is destilled water with a hint of antyfrice for cars in it just enough that the water is not realy colloured.
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Thanks for the pick. I like the air pump. Definately getting a bigger one soon. Pretty smooth idea putting the "coils" in the output of the AC. Do you have a problem with condensation or MAJOR temp fluxes? Thats what worries me. Theres way of practically freezing the water per say, but I don't want to run a tube cool then it get 10 degrees hotter on a long run shortly, and burst anything. I'm sure my knowledge of hot and cold glass is same, these kids are learning science, but how much can really change to sell a textbook?...
    I'm going to do that today probably with a small window unit. Can't hurt I guess. Does the flowrate on the air compressor have any major drawbacks, ex. being too high? I know it needs to be "water" free of course. The nice strong little chinese dodad that came with machine has worked great, but it gets hotter than a 3$ rolex in 10 minutes. Been kicking those. Kudos to them for that.
    One question I've pondered and haven't found a definate answer is the flowrate on the water pump. I found a nice pond filter pump at local pet shop, with 5 gal min capacity. Too much flow? Just wondering. I'll post my water setup today hopefully, want to clean up around it first... Ha. Gets messy when I get the 1000 yard "laser" stare...
    Thanks again for the response too. I really enjoy being able to talk "Laser" to people who know what I'm talking about. I'm like the local "frankenstein" in these parts with my "toys".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12