Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?

Thread: Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?

I'm using a chinese laser with a RECI V6 150W laser tube for more than 2 years now. The water chiller for the laser tube is a CW-5500. A local laser salesperson told me that this model is unsufficient for this tube and I should buy a better brand and model chiller. What do you think about this CW-5500 water chiller? I see this series everywhere on every advertisement on the internet, because it's relatively cheap compared to other water chillers. What chilllers do you use with RECI V6,V8,W6,W8 laser tubes?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by TurkishDelight; 06-09-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did the local guy sell chillers by any chance?

The CW5000+ series is fine for use on a 150 watt RECI tuber unless you happen to live in Death Valley

best wishes

Dave

Company Representative Melody-gweike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

CW5000 is OK for large power. LW series are also good as LW06/LW16. Price more expensive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Did the local guy sell chillers by any chance?

The CW5000+ series is fine for use on a 150 watt RECI tuber unless you happen to live in Death Valley

best wishes

Dave
    Yes, he is selling lasers, laser tubes and machine parts and off course chillers too. It might be a salespitch, but I experienced in the summer that our chiller can't cool the water effectively, the water temperature rises above 30C and the alarm rings, then I have to stop the machine. The environmental temperature here might rise above 40C in the summer, especially at noon when the sun is on it's highest, I don't really know how hot it is, but it's hot like hell. So yes, I actually might need a better water chiller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chillers all pretty much work the same way TD, if you have a high ambient temperature it will be a lot harder for the unit to cool the gas ergo get the water temperature down.
    Most chillers (non industrial ones) will struggle to drop the water temp more than 10 to 15 degrees below ambient in any usefull time period so an industrial may be the way to go.

A much bigger water tank and pump may be a better option with the water cooling taking place overnight?

I use an aquarium chiller that cools a 500 litre tank over night (it runs 24/7) and that volume of water takes a hell of a long time to get hot.

The other option is a mains water connection? mains water also tends to be a nice constant temperature so could be useful on an open loop cooling system?

best wishes

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you have the space, buy an ordinary fridge and keep as large a water container as will fit in it. Like mentioned already, a large volume of water will take a long time to heat up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    If you have the space, buy an ordinary fridge and keep as large a water container as will fit in it. Like mentioned already, a large volume of water will take a long time to heat up.
    It sounds weird, but it might actually work. Of course I wouldn't wanted the water to be too cold, it could break the tube. The water temperature should have to be adjustable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    i live in florida and have the same outside temperature probleme.
    I solved it I did put in a window A/C unit directed half of the the outflow towards a 5 liter water container where I put a 1/4 inch copper spiral in which is connected to the water reservoir of the cooling water and I can bring the cool water temperatur down to 20 to 27 degree by 36 to 40 degree outside temperature. to adjust the temperature I use the regulation from the A/C window unit
    this is a cheap solution and it also brings down paralell the room temperature
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by TurkishDelight View Post
    It sounds weird, but it might actually work. Of course I wouldn't wanted the water to be too cold, it could break the tube. The water temperature should have to be adjustable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to make a correction: The model of the chiller I use for my big laser cutting machine is CW5200, not CW5500 as mentioned before.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using on my Reci W4 120W laser tube CW-6000 Chiller, no problems so far cool and smooth.

Company Representative Melody-gweike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the outside temperature is also important. I have an UAE customer whose cw5000 chiller always alarms. The temperature there is about 40-50 Centigrade. They put that in an air conditioner room and fill that in ice water sometimes. Now it seems better now.

Melody

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Some tips on Chillers

Some tips on Chillers: Depending on the model,the CW-3000 is a radiator with a fan (this may vary depending on the mfg) the CW-5000 is a true chiller, and the CW-6000 is a powerful chiller. When people ask me I suggest the CW-3000 not be used on a laser larger than 60w, and even then that’s pushing the limits. 60 and 80w I suggest the CW-5000, and 100w or larger get the CW-6000. You can skimp here but you’ll notice as your coolant gets warmer your tube loses power.
    vicky
    victoria@xyz-tech.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?-p1_extractor_exhaust-fan-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yet they sold me a laser machine with a 150W Reci V6 tube and a CW-5200 chiller along.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default the chiller for 150W laser tube

http://b260.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/...AAYk4bApsLRwAA
    http://b218.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/...AAYlaSBYLshgAA
    This chiller like a air-condition, keeping the water circulating and cooling.

Last edited by daweilaser; 07-30-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by daweilaser View Post
    http://b260.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/...AAYk4bApsLRwAA
    http://b218.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/...AAYlaSBYLshgAA
    This chiller like a air-condition, keeping the water circulating and cooling.
    The images aren't showing, their links are broken. Or you uploaded them on a website which can only be accessed from China.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yet they sold me a laser machine with a 150W Reci V6 tube and a CW-5200 chiller along.
    My e-mail adress daweilaser89@hotmail.com. send to me e-mail, i will give the picture of our chiller for 150W RECI laser tube

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?

S&A CW-5200AH chiller can be applied to cool 150W laser tube

Default Re: Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?

Cooling 150W laser tube, please choose S&A chiller model CW-6000 with 3000W cooling capacity, ±0.5℃ precisely temperature control

Which chiller for RECI V6 150W tube?-cw60001-jpg
    I'm using a chinese laser with a RECI V6 150W laser tube for more than 2 years now. The water chiller for the laser tube is a CW-5500. A local laser salesperson told me that this model is unsufficient for this tube and I should buy a better brand and model chiller. What do you think about this CW-5500 water chiller? I see this series everywhere on every advertisement on the internet, because it's relatively cheap compared to other water chillers. What chilllers do you use with RECI V6,V8,W6,W8 laser tubes?

S&A company specializes in producing industrial water chillers for more than 12 years , S&A chiller series include:CW-3000,CW-5000,CW-5200,Email: marketing@teyuchiller.com