Newbie LazerDRW help

Thread: LazerDRW help

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry LazerDRW help

I just bought and K40 laser engraver/cutter and for some crazy Chinese reason the dingle key isn't acknowledging its plugged in but it is letting me test some shapes. Sometimes is will not appear to burn lines at all. I have tried to do images and they seem to block out the engrave button. I have only have it for two days buy spent 8 hours both days counting mirror positioning and installing. Anyone that can clue me into some facts about this machine and LazerDRW? I'm from the U.S.and stumped. thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LazerDRW help

Jay, Shapes and images are tricky to engrave or to convert for the laser to be able to process. In many cases, the software lack the tools to convert or prepare the image for processing. I beleive that they focus on processesing the cut more than getting the image adjusted ust the way you want it. I have four program that I use to work with images to prepare them for final processing on my laser software. I use Corel, Photoshop, Inkscape, and GIMP.
    I wouldalso suggest spending sometime perousing some of the videos on YouTube on K40. There are hundreds of tutorials on the k40. I use a larger laser and from my experince you tube tutorials have been my best guide. Lasers can be a bit tricky with each software that you use. I personally prefer Lighburn (https://lightburnsoftware.com/) for my persoanl use. There is another similar software, RDWworks (https://www.thunderlaser.com/laser-download) which is free that I like also. Both are similarb ut Lightburn has more features but it's a licence software.

TainoWorks Crafts, Home of the Brave and Free..

Downloads
    Uploads

You could use the dongelized--likely pirated--possibly trojan infested software from a Chinese reseller. (Okay that was a little over the top but it happens)
    Or you could try K40 Whisperer if you have one of the supported controller boards
    Link---->Scorch Works

I know nothing of lasers but Scorch writes very good software.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try Lighburn instead... it's not a freebie but you can try it for 30-days and see where you get with it. Very user friendly and does a bang-up job on most lasers... They publish a user manual and you can find plenty of videos to follow along... My school is youtube so I always encourage folks to peruse some of the videos and see where they take you...

TainoWorks Crafts, Home of the Brave and Free..

Downloads
    Uploads

As admitted earlier I know nothing of lasers other than shopping around a bit.
    K40whisperer is just a change of software and it's free. If it doesn't meet expectations it can be deleted, nothing lost.
    Lightburn requires most K40's to be modified ? Or maybe it only needs mods for the more advanced Lightburn features to work ? Just something I read.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.