Need Help! Can LaserWorks v8 import multiple layers?

Thread: Can LaserWorks v8 import multiple layers?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can LaserWorks v8 import multiple layers?

Greetings, gurus!

I'm presently attempting to build a calibration test file in LaserWorks v8 with 40 layers (8 speeds at 5 laser power settings) so I can pick the absolutely best settings for a project I'm working on. It's similar to these test files from Boss Lasers (https://www.bosslaser.com/laser-test-files) but more specific to what I'm looking to do. My primary issue building a new one from scratch is that LaserWorks v8 only has 20 colours in the layer color selection bar at the bottom of the screen implying I can only build a file with 20 layers in LaserWorks directly. As an alternative, I built a 21 layer document in InkScape and saved it as a DXF file preserving layers as a test (attached) but LaserWorks imported it into a single layer (if you look inside the file, you can see the layer information is actually there with sections layer_1 through layer_21). Laserworks can use files with more than 20 layers as, if you download and open the .rld files from Boss, you can see they all have 20+ layers with colours NOT in the LaserWorks v8 layer picker bar palette. Unfortunately, I can't ask Boss how they made those files as they don't have a forum and I'm not a Boss customer so I can't ask their support directly (I'm going to use a Boss 1630 at a nearby maker space).

So, does anyone have any idea how to get a file in LaserWorks with more that 20 layers? My final fallback is to create multiple files with half the layers / speed and power settings on each, but I'd really rather get this in one file, if I can.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / assistance.

Scott