CAMFive Laser and SmartCarve software alternatives...?

Thread: CAMFive Laser and SmartCarve software alternatives...?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CAMFive Laser and SmartCarve software alternatives...?

Hello all!
    I'm new to the forums here, and fairly new to laser engraving. I haven't found a good resource yet to ask questions about laser engraving, until I found CNC-Zone...

So here goes!

Our company has recently purchased a laser engraver from CAMFive. They have an office local to us (Orlando, FL), which was the main factor when choosing them for our laser. Their laser systems are Chinese, and the software that comes with it (SmartCarve) leaves much to be desired. I pretty much have to do all my work in Photoshop or Illustrator or Rhinoceros or Aspire and then bring it in to SmartCarve to have the laser cut it, unless it's simple texts or shapes or fills...

I wish there was an easier way! Like a plugin for illustrator! That would be ideal! From what I have been able to dig up on the web, it looks like there's LaserWorks or LaserCut plugins for Corel and Illustrator, and by the looks of it, SmartCarve is virtually the same. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with SmartCarve or CAMFive and can shed some light on this for me.

The machine in question is a 100W CO2 laser model number CFL-CMA5136KT. The software provided with it is SmartCarve 4.3.19_150202(Beta)

I will be more than happy to provide additional information, if anyone has any questions.

Thanks in advance!!!