Can different software be used with Chinese machine?

Thread: Can different software be used with Chinese machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can different software be used with Chinese machine?

Im wondering if I can use a different software with the current machine I have, which uses LaserSoft..and it sucks..can I just change the software? or do I have to change the whole brain too?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can different software be used with Chinese machine?

What is the make and model of the machine? What do you mean by software, the drawing app?

In cnc work, there is a flow of software not one app. For example, for cnc milling on the cheap, I draw on Sketchup (CAD), Export DXF to Cambam (CAM), and from there export gcode files to Linuxcnc, which actually runs the machine to cut the part. There are dozens of apps in the first two slots above, and Mach 3 and Linuxcnc for machine controllers, as well as some usb and ethernet board based controllers, which come with their own software. I haven't done laser, so I don't know for sure, but does the machine have steppers and a controller of some sort? Well then find out what kind of files and code it can run, and look for other apps that can produce this type of "expected input". Hopefully someone familiar with that kind of machine will help identify these variables and/or offer other names of apps that work with it. I use gcode to run a router controlled by Linuxcnc, for example. Does your chinese laser use gcode or some proprietary code/file type?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How about a standard K40 with the new mini board such as this,

( High Precise 40W CO2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine ENGRAVER Cutter USB Port | eBay )

Paul,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This machine more than likely uses MoshiDraw and it totaly sucks. If you want to buy the cheap machine to play with then I would suggest an upgraded DSP from LightObjects. It comes with a useable software and will make the machine useable. I did this conversion and am now able to use this chinese laser.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was referring to the program that controls the machine...its not MoshiDraw its Lasersoft..so far cant find anyone who has ever heard of it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe this is the same company that calls their software Moshidraw. can you send a screenshot?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been asked to help get a 40W chinese laser bench working. The owner has converted it to the LightObject AWC-608 controller with LaserCAD software. It appears CrazySkydiver has been successful with this. We've had partial success. Cutting is not an issue (with the exception that lines are being lightly etched when transferring between cuts. Engraving is a complete failure for us at the moment, I've attached two images. One of the original graphic, and the other in the wood "engraved".Can different software be used with Chinese machine?-kokopeli-png
    Can different software be used with Chinese machine?-20151104_152240-jpg

Any help trying to understand what is wrong with my engraving settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

50W Chinese laser with AWC-608 DSP controller with LaserCad software

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you post a pic of "LaserSoft" a screen shot? I wonder if its RDWorks? If so look up RD Works Learning Lab on YouTube.

I use a program called VinylMaster LTR for bitmap/clipart to vector tracing (its awesome! $93). The program "LaserSoft" might just be an application which just runs the laser... but your CAD work would be in a different program (I use Rhino3D). You might use AutoCad or InkScape, CoralDraw, DrawPlus X8, etc.

My laser uses RDWorks, its actually decent but as mentioned above I use different program and import a DXF etc. I consider RDWorks more of a "import and setup" for cutting program, very little for drawing.

Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those that may be curious, here is the solution to the question. The laser psu was mis-wired. The wire controlling the logic for the laser being on or off was grounded - forcing a logic low (in my case, permanently on). This caused the entire engrave time to have a constantly on laser. Finding the correct wireing for to control the laser psu resolved the issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great to hear that you found the issue with your machine ethyr2000.

As Far as Lasersoft goes, I am presently using it on my machine. I think it is just an upgraded version of PHCad which is what I used on my older machines. It is very simple to use. I have a manual for it if you didn't get one. If you have any specific questions regarding the software, I would be more then happy to help you out. Believe me, it is really very simple once you get to know it. The only problem with purchasing a Chinese laser system is that you have to figure it out for yourself. It really isn't that much of a learning curve.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which DSP do I have / what are my software options?

Hello! Newb to the forums here, as well as to the world of Chinese lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMag View Post
    Great to hear that you found the issue with your machine ethyr2000.

As Far as Lasersoft goes, I am presently using it on my machine. I think it is just an upgraded version of PHCad which is what I used on my older machines. It is very simple to use. I have a manual for it if you didn't get one. If you have any specific questions regarding the software, I would be more then happy to help you out. Believe me, it is really very simple once you get to know it. The only problem with purchasing a Chinese laser system is that you have to figure it out for yourself. It really isn't that much of a learning curve.
    I just purchased a mysterious older Chinese Laser that is at least 6+ years old. The owner I bought it from upgraded various aspects of the machine after getting it at an auction from another business.

Now that it's in my possession I am trying to dig a bit deeper at what parts make up the machine to perhaps lend me more of an understanding about what I may or may not be able to upgrade.

Currently I'm trying to figure out if I can upgrade the software for the mystery DSP I have - basically I want to know what my options are for software I may be able to have communicate directly with my machine (NOTE: I'm not opposed to upgrading the DSP if it makes my machine more current as well).

The DSP controller interface I have appears to be similar to this model I found:

Regardless, the computer that came with the laser uses a version of PHCad to send jobs to my machine.

My questions:

1. I'm currently wondering if there's any particular hardware markings or something elsewhere on my mystery machine that may indicate the most current version of PHCad I will be able to upgrade to to use with my laser cutter?

It is an old machine and it currently is set up with PHCad ver 4.47 on a Gateway computer loaded with Windows XP at the present (It seems PHCad is now called Lasersoft)

2. Would I be able to us any other software besides PHCad? LaserCAD seemed to be paired with a similar looking interface so I was curious if there are ANY other options (although I know there is other hardware within the machine that may be determining such interchangeability). I'm not opposed to upgrading aspects of my machine to bring the interface /software into the present day.

Either way, thank you for your time considering my inquiry!

Best,
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

LASER SOFT
    Can you tell me step by step how you use lasersoft to engrave a photo on wood, I can cut anything i need for airplane kits i just can not engrave, Tried everything, I even have 1 touch laser photo
    did not work, Don't no what i'm doing wrong. Thanks for any help you can gave BILL

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which DSP do I have / what are my software options?

Quote Originally Posted by jklasercheese View Post
    Hello! Newb to the forums here, as well as to the world of Chinese lasers!

I just purchased a mysterious older Chinese Laser that is at least 6+ years old. The owner I bought it from upgraded various aspects of the machine after getting it at an auction from another business.

Now that it's in my possession I am trying to dig a bit deeper at what parts make up the machine to perhaps lend me more of an understanding about what I may or may not be able to upgrade.

Currently I'm trying to figure out if I can upgrade the software for the mystery DSP I have - basically I want to know what my options are for software I may be able to have communicate directly with my machine (NOTE: I'm not opposed to upgrading the DSP if it makes my machine more current as well).

The DSP controller interface I have appears to be similar to this model I found:

Regardless, the computer that came with the laser uses a version of PHCad to send jobs to my machine.

My questions:

1. I'm currently wondering if there's any particular hardware markings or something elsewhere on my mystery machine that may indicate the most current version of PHCad I will be able to upgrade to to use with my laser cutter?

It is an old machine and it currently is set up with PHCad ver 4.47 on a Gateway computer loaded with Windows XP at the present (It seems PHCad is now called Lasersoft)

2. Would I be able to us any other software besides PHCad? LaserCAD seemed to be paired with a similar looking interface so I was curious if there are ANY other options (although I know there is other hardware within the machine that may be determining such interchangeability). I'm not opposed to upgrading aspects of my machine to bring the interface /software into the present day.

Either way, thank you for your time considering my inquiry!

Best,
    Jeff

Good morning I wonder if you could update your software since I have version 4.45 and I consider that it is just as bad my email is jmanuelxp1@gmail.com I would appreciate if you managed to solve your problem