[URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 100w laser tuber length

it would be 1800mm long

Downloads
    Uploads

OOOK well this one is 1350mm and they guarantee it's 100watts max 110watts. They also told me it's a 8000 working hrs.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 100W - 80mm diameter high volume CO2 tubes are usually 1600mm in length, they have additional cooling requirements and are easy to identify. These typically measure 115-120W output and rated at 8000hrs life.

Regular 100W - 60mm diameter tubes are 1800mm as already stated.

I haven't seen a 1350mm length tube rated at 100W, if it's a standard 'cheap' sealed gas, glass tube then I would be suspicious of that rating. The fact that they are also claiming 8000hrs makes me think it could be a newer design, do you have any pictures?

Zax.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a serviceable tube also

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100watt laser tube length ?-img_0408-1-jpg   100watt laser tube length ?-img_0409-1-jpg   100watt laser tube length ?-img_0410-1-jpg  
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice!

I have seen a similar design, probably the predecessor to this one. It was in a machine made in India.

Zax.

Downloads
    Uploads

If its not indiscretion, could you tell us about the cost and the manufacturer?
    Also, have you run a power measurement? How about divergence?
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had proposal about this NEW type of glass tube from www.kimslaser.com
    Really I didn't trust to this information, working time looks like 20-40% more

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any more info on these tubes would be a great help. I would love to be able to get more power in the machine I'm building but the size of tubes is a big restriction. I just cant get a 1800mm tube in the space I have available.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Groover
    best way ask your local Chinese laser's resellers. At least you'll be sure that tube is working and do not broken.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paul, you have a nice tube and it is in fact a 100W tube and quite capable of the 8000 hours.

I have a very similar tube manufactured by Laser Engineering here in the states. Its a model M55 , 55" (1390mm) discharge length and is capable of around 120w (100w rated) continuous and over 150w peak in superpulse mode. http://www.laserengineering.com/specs.htm

The tube you have is manufactured differently than typical cheap sealed tubes, and it really is a nice tube.

If you look closely you will see NO adhesives were used in the manufacture of your tube. This is a MAJOR factor.

A major factor in these type of tubes are the metal to glass seals at the optic/electrode mounts. Typical sealed tubes use an epoxy adhesive to glue the optics on. Firstly, this and nearly all adhesives are porous. This allows a constant flow of outside air into the tube, albeit a tiny amount, but it contributes to degradation of the lasing gas. Secondly, these adhesives also gas out their own contaminates into the lasing gas, instantly degrading the lasing gas from the time of manufacture. This is why the cheap tubes dont have the life span of a nice glass to metal sealed tube.

Also, not only is your tube serviceable, its optics are adjustable allowing a perfect alignment of the optical cavity, which is not easily attainable with glued on optics, hence why cheap tubes are typically longer, to make up for this "tolerance" with glued on optics. Which also leads to unwanted modes of operation.

If you look at GOOD sealed tubes made like this, most in the 100W range are around 1400mm long.

My LE M55 is 12 years old, NEVER been re-filled, and is still at least 90% of new. Not sure how many hours is on it, its not 8000, but at least 3-4K.

Downloads
    Uploads

Story is too perfect to believe 12 years? Are you sure? What are you doing with laser if you work only one hour per day?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Story is too perfect to believe 12 years? Are you sure? What are you doing with laser if you work only one hour per day?
    The label on it says manuf. in Sept. 1998, you do the math.

As I stated, these type of metal to glass sealed tubes are not your typical run of the mill tubes.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can the M55 really do 100 watts?

I have a M55 in a surgilase medical laser I picked up for free from a hospital that was throwing it out and it is still working almost to full power (but the surgilase unit is called a 50 watt laser and so they may be running the tube at a lower amperage than it could be run since it does about 54 watts right at the tube before the articulated arm). This M55 tube was made in 1988...that is correct, 22 years ago, and is still outputting 54 watts.

I have another M55 I pulled from a unit when I was unable to take the whole thing (alltogether they are about 300 pounds). It was working when I pulled it out 7 years ago but no idea if it still works now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope all peoples from Laserengineering drive Bentley If not a secret - what is price for this tube?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    I hope all peoples from Laserengineering drive Bentley If not a secret - what is price for this tube?
    Yes, most of them probably do drive Bentlys

The M55 tube alone is over $5000.00. Sheesh, I know!!!

KTP, Yes, it is capable of 100W continuous, look at the specs on their site.

Its no surprise to see a 22 year old tube constructed like this to still be in good operation.

Also, the 55 in the model number states a 55 inch discharge, NOT power output.

It is very possible in a medical laser to use a 100w tube and limit it to half power. This allows a certain amount of "insurance" over stability.

What power supply do you have? If it came out of the same unit I will assume it is a Universal Voltronics PSU. If so, they have pots for adjusting output current and voltage.

As a reference,I talked to LE about refills a few years ago just to get an idea and they wanted $1500.00 for a refill and new optics, however I do not see the need for that for a long time to come.

Please all of you, by all means do some research on metal to glass sealed tubes. Call LE as I did and talk to a tech, they will explain the construction of their tubes and it will make sense, and there is plenty of info to back it up.

Also KTP, if you do have a Voltronics PSU, they are more than happy to provide schematics and operation information for older PSUs. They also have parts for old PSUs. The HV transformer cores in mine cracked and they wanted only $60 for new ones. I repaired them however!!

Lets see ANY glued together tube last 12 years, let alone 22 years and STILL be practically new.

If anyone is interested, I MAY be interested in letting the M55 with a Voltronics PSU go for a good price!!

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info X3CNC

I sort of knew about the $1500 refill, however I never could justify that amount for a HV DC powered tube in which the refill would only come with a 6 month warranty (plus you have to ship said fragile tube in a certain expensive way to qualify).

I am unsure what is the make of the power supply in the medical laser. There is a large oil filled HV supply whose output is current regulated by a 3-500Z vacuum tube. Very bulky and messy...I would much rather have a Synrad Firestar

That being said, it does still work and I might try and tinker with it to get more than the 50 watts sometime. I also might be interested in letting the other M55 go to a good home since it is just taking up shelf space. Unsure how to safely ship it though...

Downloads
    Uploads

You told here "medical laser". But who can explained me what this laser can do in sign business for example? Is it possible cut acrylic, wood, paper? Of course price is high but working time is impressive

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it can cut acrylic, wood, paper, fabric, cats, etc.

Personally though, if I were thinking of spending 5 grand for a glass tube and then another 2 or 3 grand for a power supply I would just dig a little deeper and get a Synrad all metal RF excited CO2 laser, either slightly used or new.

Downloads
    Uploads

yea but how much is a 100 watt synrad all dressed up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast