Problem - Power dropping as laser power level goes up

Thread: Problem - Power dropping as laser power level goes up

Default Problem - Power dropping as laser power level goes up

Hello. I am having a problem with my laser which I hope someone can help or advise on.
    We just replaced our 150 RECI watt tube because we thought it was discharged. That was not the case it was
    simply not outputtng at high power levels. As such,
    The new tube will not fire at anything above 40%. Even then, as the power level goes UP the power of
    The beam appears to go down. I checked a lot of things and all things point to the power supply.
    The RECI 12 power supply is not showing any fault codes on the panel. When the laser is not firing it shows
    An output of 0 volts as expected. At 10% laser power the RECI 12 shows an output of over 23 Kv. As I increase
    The power level, the voltage output drops at a fairly linear rate, such that by the time I’m telling it to output
    Over 60% power, the voltage output is around 9 Kv. This seems counter to what I would expect as I assume
    More voltage is necessary for more laser power.
    The power supply is pretty simple – needing only the TTL and PCM and ground. Assuming the PCM is good, and
    I have no reason to assume it is not, the problem must be the power supply. Do you agree with this
    Assessment? Otherwise, what else can I check? Can you guess why the power is dropping as the power level
    Request goes up?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. We are open to replacing the power supply if needed.
    Warmest Regards,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there,

After fitting a new, longer tube I have exactly the same issue, my laser just much smaller(40W)

What has changed:-
    New longer tube
    Fitted extension box to accommodate longer tube
    Tube required bigger tubing for water

Have you found out what could be wrong?
    I live in the KZN Midlands, a rural area of South Africa, which is extremely frustrating as there just don't seem to be anyone with any knowledge of lasers

Regards

Default Re: Problem - Power dropping as laser power level goes up

No resolution yet but I think it is the tube itself. After checking everything and the power supply and doing the alignment TWICE, I finally moved the new tube GSI tube
    to our other machine which has a working RECI tube. Before changing the tube, I cut several cardboard circles at 40 watts. I changed the tube and ran it at (supposedly) 60 watts
    and it barely scratched the surface. So I have to say it is a dim bulb because the machine continues to work with the old tube and not the new one.
    We're going to send it back and wait on a RECI tube.

Default Re: Problem - Power dropping as laser power level goes up

Hello,

If you need any help or advise regarding your Co2 laser machines we would be more than happy to help. We offer Co2 lasers machine and parts sales as well as offering maintenance agreements, tech support, parts installation with warranty, maintenance agreements and much more to ensure your machines get back up and running as soon as possible.

Please do visit our website at Laser Cutter | Laser Engraver | Laser Machine Parts & Accessories | CO2 Laser Machines | CO2 Laser Repairs | CO2 Laser Engineer or email info@focusedlasersystems.com for more information.

Kind regards,

Jake Osman
    Focused Laser Systems Ltd