Problem Problem with co2 power supply sound

Thread: Problem with co2 power supply sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with co2 power supply sound

Hi, I bought an used K40 laser cutter and the owner saw that the co2 tube has two years and need to be replaced.... I can cut (in 2 or 3 steps) 4 mm acrylic... I can engrave, can cut paper, engrave acrylic.... my question is...

The power supply has a noise when co2 tube ON but no always... but almost time... sometimes noise, sometimes no noise....

Here is a demo video of the power supply noise, I opened the power supply and capacitors are not inflated and board looks good.

Can the noise be generated by a wasted co2 tube or can be the power supply damaged?

Thanks in advance!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with co2 power supply sound

Used K40 machine with PS and tube bad? New ones are like $300 on eBay and they are the cheapest POS machines you can buy. Sure you can upgrade, tweek and improve but why? Your more than likely hearing high voltage arcing inside the PS or on the HV cable touching metal and arcing over someplace. Turn off the lights in the room and look for the arc.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Used K40 machine with PS and tube bad? New ones are like $300 on eBay and they are the cheapest POS machines you can buy. Sure you can upgrade, tweek and improve but why? Your more than likely hearing high voltage arcing inside the PS or on the HV cable touching metal and arcing over someplace. Turn off the lights in the room and look for the arc.
    Hi, I bought used because it comes with a DM442 servo controller and a RDC6442G controller and some mods... the controller only costs the price that I paid for the machine...

I can´t see the arc, this sound is sure an arc on the PS, right? Or inside the flyback.... Maybe changing the flyback....

Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

At full power, at 99% power, it doesn´t do any noise... and cut right