New 24/24

Thread: New 24/24

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New 24/24

A few months ago, our engineering lab revived a 'router works 24/24'. The problem is that it came with no documentation, software, or router bits. And i can't find any of the documentation online. I honestly know nothing about CNCs, so having no documentation means we cant set it up. If anyone knows where i can find the user/setup manual, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

why would an engineering company buy a machine with no docoments , software an no bits an by the sound of it , no one who knows anything about nc`s . make you wonder

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahaha. Not an engineering firm. A high school with an engineering program, and the wrong people choosing what we get to buy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Since you are posting on the Larken Forum, you must know its a Larken.

I have a website Larken Automation ( see sticker on side of control box) that tells you to go to my site, where you can download manuals and software from the tech /support page.

Have you contacted Progressive Edu, and talked to Karl their tech support guy ?

If you need any further help, please call me at 613-746-5685.

Larry Kenny
    Larken Automation

Last edited by Larken; 03-08-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: words- tech supprt linked someone else ??
    Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New 24/24

Quote Originally Posted by Larken View Post
    Hi
    Since you are posting on the Larken Forum, you must know its a Larken.

I have a website Larken Automation ( see sticker on side of control box) that tells you to go to my site, where you can download manuals and software from the tech /support page.

Have you contacted Progressive Edu, and talked to Karl their tech support guy ?

If you need any further help, please call me at 613-746-5685.

Larry Kenny
    Larken Automation
    Hello,
    Maybe you can help me with the Larken Machine we have, I'll call you soon to discuss if you like, we use the machine to produce molds for Tap-Handles, the machine model is a 24/24; anyway I've always used Vectric Aspire for CAM, StarCAM is nice but I either don't understand it well enough or it seems to be missing some features that I like in Vectric, I also like the Vectric UI. I just can't seem to find a Post for the Larken in Vectric, any chance you could help with one?
    Thanks for your help and time.

Website [url]http://whatisacnc.com[/url]

Downloads
    Uploads

Ive seen a vectrics post for larken, but the techno-Gcode post will work too
    ( Starcam is just a basic free layout program i give with my starcnc controller.. its not meant to compete with vectrics. )

Is the Starcnc controller parallel or USB ?

Larry K

Downloads
    Uploads

Ive seen a vectrics post for larken, but the techno-Gcode post will work too
    ( Starcam is just a basic free layout program i give with my starcnc controller.. its not meant to compete with vectrics. )

Is the Starcnc controller parallel or USB ?

Larry K
    Hi Larry,

I'll give you guys a call today; the controller box interfaces to the PC via USB, so I'm assuming Logic and an interpreter hence the need for a Post. I exported a cut path yesterday to Mach3 Arcs G-code and loaded it into the StarCAM after to use the spooler but for some reason the G-code loads the drawing way off Zero, I tried panning out to see how far away it was positioned and the software crashed.

Why do I need that spooler? It's the interpreter, or is it just an FTDI thing?

What format will work for exporting my cut paths? Any other machines compatible?

Thanks,

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    You can email me the gcode file to Larken@storm.ca

Did it not have a Techno gcode post ?

The spooler interprets and spools to the controller in the box. Unlike mach3 starcnc has ram on board with a circular buffer for 4000 lines.. so the running is done in the controller, not the pc. This lets you run other programs on the pc while the machine is cutting.

Send me an email, and i will help you get going.
    ( I'm not at the shop much during regular hours these days )

Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    You can email me the gcode file to Larken@storm.ca

Did it not have a Techno gcode post ?

The spooler interprets and spools to the controller in the box. Unlike mach3 starcnc has ram on board with a circular buffer for 4000 lines.. so the running is done in the controller, not the pc. This lets you run other programs on the pc while the machine is cutting.

Send me an email, and i will help you get going.
    ( I'm not at the shop much during regular hours these days )

Larry
    Thanks Larry,

I'll email instead and send the G-code file today (latest Monday), we managed to finish the job yesterday using Corel Draw and the StarCAM software but I'd still like to get Vectric working, and I didn't get a chance to look and see if Techno was listed, regardless though if it works I'll search around a little to see if I can find it, then add to vectric and test.

Thanks again for all the help, and thanks for replying so fast!

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, thats what Starcam is mostlt for... seting up Corel draw and autocad files so you can cut them in 2d.
    The name is misleading .. i shouldn't have called it StarCam .. ita a layout program.

The post will be under the name Larken , not starcam.

Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: New 24/24

Yes, thats what Starcam is mostlt for... seting up Corel draw and autocad files so you can cut them in 2d.
    The name is misleading .. i shouldn't have called it StarCam .. ita a layout program.

The post will be under the name Larken , not starcam.

Larry
    Thank you Larry,

So StarCam isn't for setting cut paths but instead it's for positioning and exporting via Spooler, correct?

The only way it works is to load the G-Code into StarCam and use the Spooler?

Also I have the post now!

Larken (mm) *.nc
    Larken (inch) *.nc

I had a busy day Friday so I'll be trying it out soon, I expect good results!

Thanks for the help!

Downloads
    Uploads

You can run Gcode directly into the spooler if you want.
    No Starcam doesn't do offset toolpaths. But it does a lot for setup. You can import HPGL, DXF and Gcode, do pultipass cutting, set controur directions, setup drawing cut order into layers, do basic cad drawing, sort the cut order, ... and lot more.

Call me or email me for more support.
    Is this a school ?

Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello friends.my name is iman.I have need help for the 4 axis in powermill programs.I was please help me?

Downloads
    Uploads

You can run Gcode directly into the spooler if you want.
    No Starcam doesn't do offset toolpaths. But it does a lot for setup. You can import HPGL, DXF and Gcode, do pultipass cutting, set controur directions, setup drawing cut order into layers, do basic cad drawing, sort the cut order, ... and lot more.

Call me or email me for more support.
    Is this a school ?

Larry
    Hi Larry,

That's all very good to know! So the controller interpreter supports G-code! I like it.
    Also that Post is great, I can use Vectric now!
    Thank you for elaborating on what StarCAM can do, it is a nifty program!
    No I'm not with a School, we manufacture Ceramic Tap Handles in BC Canada You've spoken and done business with Jack, let me know if you know who we are.
    We use the machine to plain molds so they fit properly in a mold press, what triggered this was my lack of experience with the supplied software for the CNC.
    Thanks for all your help Larry.
    Rob