Just purchased a CNC machine

Thread: Just purchased a CNC machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just purchased a CNC machine

Having just purchased an older Larken 24/24 machine using Lcam, I was hoping someone could tell me if I can download a new version of Lcam onto an older XP laptop? The older tower that came with is large and uses a CRT screen. I could reduce its footprint by using a laptop.

Thanks for any response.

Al V.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Laptops aren't usually recommended for running CNC machines. Their power-management software tends to turn them off just when you don't want them to. But you should be able to replace the CRT screen with a flat panel monitor, if that helps.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just purchased a CNC machine

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Laptops aren't usually recommended for running CNC machines. Their power-management software tends to turn them off just when you don't want them to. But you should be able to replace the CRT screen with a flat panel monitor, if that helps.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software
    I have used laptops for years controlling CNC machines. like any computer you need to turn off power management and going to sleep functions, disable screen savers and the like. Just do a google Search and find out what you need to do, if you don't already.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro