Build Costs for a KRMx02 50x50 or 50 x 102

Thread: Build Costs for a KRMx02 50x50 or 50 x 102

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Build Costs for a KRMx02 50x50 or 50 x 102

I was wanting to get started on building either a 50 x 50 or 50 x 102 and wondered if anyone had a current price amount they have spent on completing either machine? I've went thru the BOM that was sent to me in with the plans and it looks like most things are coming up pretty close other than some of the hardware items on Amazon but wondered if anyone had any tricks to keep the price down or modifications to save on the build. Also wondering if when it's all said and done if anything is still needed to start using the machine after the build?

When going through the BOM it seems like the cost of the 8020 on the table construction is a big part of the build (almost 20-25%) - is there a way to eliminate using the 3030 cross pieces or by using Misumi extrusions for the table bed? Just those 2 items are about $1100. I understand the need to keep it rigid and the Y Beam attaches to the 3030 but can it be attached directly to a table? Is a base made out of the Unistrut strong enough and rigid enough for a 50 x 50 or 50 x 102?

Also on the notes section where it has the link to purchase the 8020 from eBay other than the 1030 table top extrusion is that all the 8020 from the broke down sections combined? Nothing else needing to be ordered - does that include the hardware from 8020?

And is there a way or has anyone incorporated linear rails into their build?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a little overwhelmed and trying to figure out where I want to start and the table build is about where I'm planning on starting but it really seems like there is a lot of material either sticking out on the sides or it's very overbuilt - good I know, but it makes it a very large machine for the cutting size. I was hoping to increase the size to cut 60 x 60 because I mostly work in baltic birch but that really makes it a very wide machine with the overhangs from the 3030.