Problem Cant find router mounts for the KRMx01

Thread: Cant find router mounts for the KRMx01

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Cant find router mounts for the KRMx01

Hello again

I am having a heck of a time finding router mounts. K2CNC is of no help, (are they still in business? I can't even get the site to load), as is anywhere else I have searched been fruitless in locating a mount for any one of the 3 routers listed in the KRMx01 book. Is it going to be an issue of buying any fixed base router and having a machine shop make a mount and hope for the best? Buy a spindle w/mount and controller? I don't know.

Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions? I want what is best for the KRMx01 CNC machine. I found all three routers listed in the build book, on ebay, but can't find the necessary mounts anywhere.

While searching on ebay I found some air cooled and water cooled 400W to 2.2kW spindles with mounts and PWM controllers that are supposed to work with Mach3 or a potentiometer if you don't want Mach3 to control the speed . Can something like these be used? Here is a link to one of the 400 watt spindles: CNC 400W Spindle Motor ER11 Mach3 PWM Speed Controller Mount Engraving Set | eBay

I really don't know if the 400W has enough umph. I don't think I want to mess with anything water cooled as it sound like a real pain. I need help please.

I am very new to all of this and really don't know what I need. All I know is I can't find what the book calls for and that's why I am here. You guys on this forum have been a great help so far and I have faith you will steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for all of the help...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cant find router mounts for the KRMx01

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! Which router do you recommend? The Bosch 1617 or the Hitachi M12VC? I believe the Hitachi is the one used in the build and is a little less expensive...

Downloads
    Uploads

I've never used either, but I think the Bosch is a little better. Ton's of people use the Hitachi, though.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for your help! I think I will go with the Hitachi as that is the one that was used in the book.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know what is going on with k2cnc.com, but they do have a facebook page. Maybe you can contact them that way. I done a whois on the domain and it does not expire till 2018. When doing an nslookup I get a server error. So either they no longer have a web page, or their provider is down.

Joe

K2CNC can be problematic these days.

Try Velox CNC, they sell the same mounts.

veloxcncrouters

Here is the link to the Hitachi mount
    http://veloxcnc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RM-Hitachi

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Others have reported that the CNCRouter.com mounts work as well. In any case post your results back so others can benefit,

Author of: The CNC Construction Set Books, the KRMx01, KRMx02, KRmc01, and KRmf70 CNC Books, the HANS Electric gear clock book. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm building a KRMx01 and here's the mount that I ordered for mine today: VeloxCNC (forum removed the link to it)

They sent me the STEP file and by the measurements there, it should bolt right up to the KRMx01 Z Plate.

Last edited by NCStratos188; 07-12-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Removed my link

Thanks for the info. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Will do. I think I will just start a new thread and post pics of my build there. I didn't keep an excellent record like Joe at MyHeap.com did, but his site was my inspiration for building the KRMx01 as my first build.

I can confirm that the CNCRouterParts mounts work just fine with the KRMx01. Purchase just the mount (minus the adapter plate) and it will bolt directly to the KRMx01 Z-plate. I have a write up for the KRMx02 here:
    CNC Router Parts Router Mounts — Kronos Robotics