NEW guy with a NEW to ME CNCMasters 10x54

Thread: NEW guy with a NEW to ME CNCMasters 10x54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEW guy with a NEW to ME CNCMasters 10x54

Before the wincing starts. I did not buy it new. I got it used with very low hours like less that 50. And I got it so cheap I am Embarrassed to tell, I literally stole it. with a decent amount of tooling.

As some here have said CNCMasters are Jerks and I agree.

So HERE I am, I know Zero about CNC, and What I really want to ask is

What oils does this machine use? (They would not say unless I bought a support contract, they would not send PDF manuals either.. WHAT A&()LS.)

Cavate: I have a 1964 Wells Index that has seen some good use. over the years.

And does any one have the Operators manual? the machine is a 2013 manufacture.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEW guy with a NEW to ME CNCMasters 10x54

any waylube oil will suffice .Hydraulic oil will do you until you can get some .
    Getting manuals I'm guessing is going to be a problem and the software is mediocre to say it in a nice way . Since you got it cheap then it may be worth doing a few mods to get it running a better control software , even though mach 3 is old it is still far better .
    If your looking to work with what you've got then the basics are going to be the same as with most mills . Offsets to locate your work piece , tool height locations etc . The code is basic g code which is common with most cnc's , Even if you can't find a manual that is for that machine then you can still learn the lingo and how to operate by watching youtube videos of other hobby machines then relate it back to yours

as it is the machine itself is going to be somewhat solid , and you should be able to make it work for you if it's completely intact . they have a list of compatible g and m codes on their site

Downloads
    Uploads

...cncmaster who? never heard of them, til now...but, I did find this pdf link not sure if it will help ya. Post some photos if, you can. Mobil Vactra #2 Way Oil is normally used but, is pricey.
    https://engineering.purdue.edu/AAECo...cjr-manual.pdf

goodluck with new adventure.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...cncmaster who? never heard of them, til now...but, I did find this pdf link not sure if it will help ya. Post some photos if, you can. Mobil Vactra #2 Way Oil is normally used but, is pricey.
    https://engineering.purdue.edu/AAECo...cjr-manual.pdf

goodluck with new adventure.
    Thanks for that. The one I have is the Large Supra model with a 10X54 table. Basically a Bridgeport #2 if I understand the similarities..

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you sir.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    any waylube oil will suffice .Hydraulic oil will do you until you can get some .
    Getting manuals I'm guessing is going to be a problem and the software is mediocre to say it in a nice way . Since you got it cheap then it may be worth doing a few mods to get it running a better control software , even though mach 3 is old it is still far better .
    If your looking to work with what you've got then the basics are going to be the same as with most mills . Offsets to locate your work piece , tool height locations etc . The code is basic g code which is common with most cnc's , Even if you can't find a manual that is for that machine then you can still learn the lingo and how to operate by watching youtube videos of other hobby machines then relate it back to yours

as it is the machine itself is going to be somewhat solid , and you should be able to make it work for you if it's completely intact . they have a list of compatible g and m codes on their site
    Thank You Sir

Downloads
    Uploads

Should I use VELOCITE #10 for the spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you find out the spindle oil I would like to know. I have been told contradictory things on this.

congrats on your mill, now that you have a little time with it I will add what I have done to my Supra.

The biggest issue I had with it mechanically at first was ballscrews, which I ordered from cncmasters. Fair price and good instructions on replacing.
    Second mechanical issue was the less than stellar quill to ball nut joint/adaptor/noodle bolt to sheet metal thing. I made a new one that is better, not perfect - not enough out of perfect to figure out a better way.
    The aluminum x axis bearing housing has flex, added 3/16 steel plate behind it with screws to box it out.

I got mine used, there was some janky wiring from vfd to drum switch to motor. Not sure if it came new with that, or from previous owners.

Control worked fine, limited on commands, but no weird pauses or random moves. The wizards I miss. Simple control, simple usage, overall good.
    I replaced the control fairly early on, just a little for more options (probes, coolant/mist/air controls, 4th)- mostly because the power supply to motors is not nearly enough for that machine. Like, way under powered. The power supply is semi integrated into controller and is not easy upgrade like a modular system. I would still be using the stock controller if it had bigger (5x bigger) power supply.
    Machine holds a fat sub thou on repeatability other than z (see quill screw remarks). Only machine ss and steel, not to soft on feed rates and finishes respectable. 3d surfacing is not a problem.
    It likes 3/8 end mills for roughing and general work.