What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Thread: What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Default What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Hello I am a new cnc'er here and I am trying to get an Arix cnc60 up and running.On the front left side there is a handle that freely rotates with a locking nut and guage showing marks down to .02mm. Underneath is a roller ball sensor that rotates whenever the handle turns.
    Is this a Z axis back lash adjuster ? Is it also a manual z axis rotating arm that somehow lifts and lowers the deck ?

I have an operators and spare parts manual but there is nothing mentioned about the device at all.

Looking underneath the shaft runs at an angle towards the z axis ballscrew but it is hidden from view and visually obstructed by the internal casting.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Phil Lucas

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill-20201123_154053-jpg   What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill-20201123_154449-jpg   What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill-20201123_154443-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Tarakai View Post
    Hello I am a new cnc'er here and I am trying to get an Arix cnc60 up and running.On the front left side there is a handle that freely rotates with a locking nut and guage showing marks down to .02mm. Underneath is a roller ball sensor that rotates whenever the handle turns.
    Is this a Z axis back lash adjuster ? Is it also a manual z axis rotating arm that somehow lifts and lowers the deck ?

I have an operators and spare parts manual but there is nothing mentioned about the device at all.

Looking underneath the shaft runs at an angle towards the z axis ballscrew but it is hidden from view and visually obstructed by the internal casting.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Phil Lucas
    ...invisible ? your Attachment did not show up

Apologies... jpeg attached. I don't know why it didn't appear when I attached it last time. The Image is on its side. I have since found that by fully unscrewing the rotating indicator anti-clockwise and by pulling back on the axis of the handle, the handle engages the shaft and allows me to manually lift and lower the deck. I presume the guage is just a fine height adjustment.

I have also managed to sort the 3 phase input from the RPC, power up control systems and raise/lower the deck by motor. I think the objective is to get the deck height approximately correct for the size of the work. The quill max z movement is only 150mm. I am still trying to understand why there is a feedback (roller ball) sensor that rotates when the dial guage is rotated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this handle ? Arix cnc60 mill-20201123_154443-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

...safety switch. disables the power feed when Hand Crank is engaged.