SuperMax YMC30 Crusader M controller

Thread: SuperMax YMC30 Crusader M controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SuperMax YMC30 Crusader M controller

Looking for some help on a Supermax YMC30 with Crusader M controls. Looking to try and get a CNC have looked at Tormach, Novakon benchtop types but a used cheap Supermax YMC30 came up. Unit was running but now won't full boot up, Mechanical and electrical condition is good otherwise. Wondering cost wise if the servo motors/drives are good it looks like I could get away with an ajax system "all in one" or an MPU11/GP package both @ 2400. Are there any other cheaper options if drives are good other than swapping in a new motor and control system? Thoughts on rigidity compared to the tormach/novakon for cnc use? Mainly cutting aluminum and a bit a steel.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SuperMax YMC30 Crusader M controller

If it won't boot, first check the fuses, then check the power supply. My 5 volt section failed so I hooked a computer power supply to supply the 5 volt to the system, worked fine for a couple of years until I got around to the upgrade.

It looks like the ajax system would work fine. I'm still using my original DC motors and drives.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SuperMax YMC30 Crusader M controller

Hey Fritts, It's hard to tell without a picture- but it sounds like you have the EXACT SuperMax YCM-30 Milling Machine that I have! I gutted all of the Anilam stuff (except for the digital readout) - and re-did mine with Larken Viper Servo Drivers, CNC4PC Break Out Board, US Digital Encoders (I couldn't get anything to read the old glass scales), slaved it to a Windows XP computer with a parallel port. I run Mach-3 on it. It runs like a champ. Here's a link to my website where I talk about the build that I did with my dog, Meko CNC-Joe's WorkShop: CNC Projects - Annies Upgrade: If you have any questions - please post them here and send me a private message to let me know you've posted a question. I'd like to see the CNC Zone grow with the free exchange of information.

Last edited by CNC-Joe; 01-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    [url]www.CNC-Joe.com[/url]
    CNC Is Not Just My Passion.. It's My Addiction !!!!