Newbie Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine

Thread: Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine

Hello,
    Does anyone happen to have a step by step directions on how to retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine. I am an EE and for some reason my new boss seems to think that that it would be a good use of my time to retrofit this Hurco KM3P CNC machine that seems to have been gutted. All motors are in place harnesses have been cut off a couple of boards are in place etc. Where do I start?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine

Realistic skills and budget and time is where You start.

An industrial VMC takes about 3-8k€ in parts, wholesale import cost, plus all hours / skills needed.
    I spent about 8000€ wholesale import cost on my lathe parts.

You can do a running-machine for 2-4k€ decently, but it will still lack 80-90% of advanced features.

A good industrial-type controller, like cslabs csmio-ip-s, is about 2000€ all-in.
    200+ IO, 2 x DC PSU 24V, 300 inputs on din rail, 600+ ferrules, 5-6 rolls of wiring, 2-3-4 interface boxes, 3-6 cables with terminattions, etc. etc.
    n x zero-cross SSR relays, light, buttons, etc 500€ or so.

Map the inputs and outputs.
    A typical (ac, differential signalling) servo is == 7 IO per, 15 lines or so.
    In-position, servo-error, reset, enable, disable-movement, etc. + abz x 2 =6 lines for movement, + 6 lines for encoder feedback if supported.
    Upto 16 lines easy, per axis.

Upto 50 lines IO for ancillaries, easy.
    Many are critical and or cascading.

It is NOT actually all that hard.
    It is very laborious.
    Most providers do not, and will not, provide help in all the 50+ situations that are actually critically important.

+
    Probing, re-probing, spindle-orient, toolchangers, feedback, high-speed input on probing and limits, etc etc etc.
    Macros, light-bars, safety, soft limits, control panels, mpgs (critical) etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

uuummmm okay, thank you. I'm going to start by locating the X,Y,Z motors, determining if they are any good then wire them to the drive controller.Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine-img_9744-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have done a few similar projects with industrial style CNC controller, i am not a fan of PC based CNC.
    I can send you some pictures and sample projects to give an idea about how to finish your project.

Email me at servo34940@gmail.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine-bridgeport-milling-gsk980mda-jpg   Help!! I Need to Retrofit a Hurco KM3P CNC Machine-img_20170714_084813-jpg