Build Thread Anilam M to DC_CNC Conversion - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anilam M to DC_CNC Conversion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam M to DC_CNC Conversion

Well, I may not know what I'm looking for as far as power supply voltage. The power supply that is on the drive module is a Power-One model HBB 15-15-A rated at 12 VDC and 1.7 amp or 15 VDC at 1.5 amp. There is a smaller one located above and to the right of the drive module that is also a Power-One, but it is rated at 24 volts. Given that my motors are 140v motors, I'm assuming I'm looking at the wrong ones. Can you direct me to where the one I need to be looking at is located?

Oh, and thanks a million for the link to the drive manual. That is definitely my drive, and I'm sure the manual will come in handy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam M to DC_CNC Conversion

You are looking for a large transformer, maybe. The should be a large capacitor(s) somewhere, and a bridge rectifier. The bridge rectifier should be connected to a transformer output by black wires, the output from the bridge rectifier may be Orange (+) and Gray (-) wires, those should be connected to a large capacitor with a large resistor across it. The supply voltage can be measured across the capacitor, it will be a DC voltage around 140 VDC. It is possible that the drive PS is direct from the line, but not likely.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12