Mycenter 0 way lube?

Thread: Mycenter 0 way lube?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Mycenter 0 way lube?

I am doing a full retrofit of a 96 Mycenter 0 Changing out all the lube lines as many were broken or plugged up. Also testing all the metering valves for flow. I am having trouble identifying the way lube originally required for this machine. It appears its OEM was "tellus 68" but I am not too sure. Being that I use Vactra 2 for all my other machines I am wondering if this is a suitable lube for this one? As far as I know Vacta 2 is ISO 65 with added tackifiers. Tellus 68 is a hydraulic oil vs Vactra 2 being a way lube oil. Seams it would be a better match. Any issues running this stuff in these?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mycenter 0 way lube?

Mobil Vactra No. 2 is what I use also. I used an off brand for several years but it clogged up the lines and metering valves. I had to replace the (Y) axis linear ways and slides when the problem was found.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mycenter 0 way lube?

After tearing the whole system apart it appears that Y axis was never lived by oil. They used a grease. Any idea what grease this was? I may attempt to lube it with oil like the others.