Fanuc 10M control. Ran this machine for a couple years at my old job abd bought it from them. Been running a couple hours a week for the last month or so after it sat in my garage for about a year.
I was running a new program a couple days ago using single block due to it being the first run. I stopped a cycle using feed hold and reset the machine to skip the next tool. I jumped down to the next tool change in the program and restarted. It came up to do the tool change but came back down with the same tool it already had, but the tool number changed to the next tool. It now thinks T16 is T1, T1 is T2, etc. It will change tools just fine but it's off by one each time. The info in the typed up manual I have does not show the correct info on how to change the active tool number in spindle and umbrella changer. Does anyone know the correct procedure for changing the tool info? I'm also curious as to what could cause the problem in the first place. Now I feel even when I get the tool numbers straightened out I will not be able to trust the machine to run on its own.
Thanks for any info.
-James